Pages

Pages

Friday 28 July 2017

CraftyCatz challenge #381 ATG...


Morning lovely people, hope your all well and fighting fit..and I'll say sorry now for the lengthy post...xx
This week at CraftyCatz I am hosting and as it's our last challenge for a few weeks I felt like having abit of fun, so the OPTIONAL TWIST is Anything but a card, well you should see what our girls came up with, please pop over for a heap of inspiration here  and to hopefully join us,and if your really up for a challenge why not add GDT next to your entry and come join us for a month...we are truly a lovely bunch who help each other out all the time....
 We have a fab sponsor for you too..
Yep, £10 to go berserk in the shop...all that lovely ribbon...just think...

OK, I made a tray from an old picture frame that had been hanging around for at least 10 yrs..lol...here's where I get slapped......I have pictures of it being done and done...but the before has vanished, all I can hope for is that you know me well enough to know I wouldn't lie about it...I can describe each and every move I made on this, all I can say really, so sorry, but I am looking to do another, by special request and will do a blow by blow account, I mean it's not rocket science is it....lol
This is it when complete, start with a frame, this had a canvas covering so stripped it back, filled in any holes left from those big staples they use and lightly sanded, I got my sil to cut me the bottom piece of wood, well whats the point in having a joiner in the family otherwise....lol
then I get to work, it was filled all round, inside and out with caulk and smoothed as done, a wet finger helps....I know but we all have our ways don't we...then I put a wash of chalk paint on, but I didn't like where it was going, SOooooo, I started to stencil here and there in texture paste, if you look close you can see around the edges,at this point I painted it in satin finish paint, Timeless by Dulux, when dry I stencilled in black the center, I got that stencil from Sarah Wright on FB the handles were from Ebay, lovely heavy iron...
Here it is with the first coat on, sorry about my messy desk..lol...
Well I hope you leave me a 'what you think' message and I also hope you will come and play, we will be back come September...Thanks so much for calling, blogland is super quiet right now, kids hols and all that I hope....
Guess where it ended up....yep, she almost ran out the house, that girl of mine...
If I can find a challenge or two I will enter here...

Take care and have a good weekend, our weather forecast is horrid so maybe abit of crafting is on the cards...

10 comments:

Caz said...

You have done a fab job Janette...love it..Have a lovely weekend..xxx

Aunty Sue said...

awesome challenge and job done on this i must come and take some lessons from you fancy doing a few classes at yoursmixed media

NickScrapShack said...

Agree a fantastic job, I think it looks great!
Wish you a nice summer Hugs Nick

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Naomi Johnson said...

Brilliant project - looks like something you'd pay a fortune for in a boutique shop! Thanks for being such a great team mate and for all your support. See you around blogland! Naomi x

Margarets designer cards said...

Looks an interesting challenge and you did a great job.
Enjoy your summer with the gran kids and hope to see you around blogland during the summer
Have a nice weekend

Wishcraft said...

Love it Janette, you've done a fab job with it :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Ribbon Girl said...

Hello Janette, nice tray and thank you so much for all the lovely comments you leave on my blog. If you like sewing, I can recommend the Tilda items - they are a tad tricky to sew but they do like nice when they are finished - obviously most of them are for decorative purposes and I havent stitched anything that I would give to a young child to play with - yet - I am hoping to sew a fluffy sheep this week! we'll see how I get on. Anyway, enjoy the Summer and thanks again for commenting - much appreciated! Mary at The Ribbon Girl

carol said...

You have made a fabulous job Janette looks brill, have a lovely summer break, take care x carol

Chrissy said...

I love your tray Janette..what a great idea and it came up a treat..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Featured post

Thankyou.

 Just wanted to say a huge Thankyou to everyone who has asked how my daughter, Carla is doing.  She is feeling much better now, the hospital...