Pages

Pages

Friday 5 November 2021

A bit of everything kinda post but sorry, no card ....


Hi everyone, it feels a while since I posted so here goes, today I am cooking for the family, it being Bonfire night here in UK we always have a hot-pot supper, I am cooking it all up, 

3 pans on the go, Bread ready to go in the oven and pastry ready to roll out so its fresh when they arrive, I also baked a orange try bake cake, always a favourite with this lot.


This next lot is from when we had to send 'care packages to Mia, she couldn't come home because Carla somehow managed to get Covid, she has once again been extremely poorly, but thank God she is now clear and Mia came home for the break, Here is a picture of what was in her box and happily a friend took it to her so she requested a banoffee pie, which I made and put in one of  the many containers I have to buy from Amazon  for this ever growing lot of 'Mum, can you just make'...haha... Amazon actually thought I was running a business and offered me some account or other, that was so funny.




Everything the flat mates needed for a nice happy halloween nite I think.:))

In between we have had four birthdays in October alone, Jacob was six and he wanted cupcakes so we made them for the little treasure. Then he brought cupcakes for his uncle Graham, he was so proud.

Last but not least I made a scarf, it was just some wool I fancied and it kept me busy while worrying about Carla again and we had no central heating or hot water for weeks, all done now I am happy to say.No pattern for this, just a few rows of different stitches.


 

Sorry for the never ending post just thought I should catch you all up on the goings on. I hope you are all well, I try to keep up with you all every day and am hoping to make a card or two next week, wish me luck haha...x




19 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette you certainly are busy. No wonder there is no time for cards. How lovely to spend time with your family. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sue said...

Fabulous post I loved reading it Janette and Mam is always the first to do everything LOL Gorgeous scarf I love just making things with no pattern especially these dark nights watching the telly..have a lovely weekend hugs Sue x

Chris said...

It is a fabulous post Janette, a lovely glimpse into your busy family life- so nice to read about big happy close families! You certainly look after them all well with everything you do for them- with such love!
Your scarf is so pretty, such a lovely colour and it looks really soft and warm- think you're going to need it now its turned so cold.
Have a lovely evening with your family.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW you have certainly been busy,glad to hear Mia is now clear and able to join you all for the break,love that gorgeous scarf.Enjoy your family bonfire night
Carol x

Aunty Sue said...

Wow you have been busy shame i am not closer fancy a good hotpot. So sorry i have missed all the birthdays but looks like you managed to celebrate in style. Sending hugs

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Looks delicious I love hot pot you have been very busy. So wonderful to see you enjoying family time. thank you for sharing. Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant post, fabulous to have an insight into your busy life and family. sending hugs. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! what a lovely interesting post Janette, thanks so much for sharing what's going on. The cakes etc look lovely, bet you all had a great time. Good to hear the that all are clear of Covid now. Love the cake container and Love your scarf, pretty colour and great stitches also.
Faith x

The Crowned Goat said...

It's always fun to catch up and spend time with family! I love how you make sweet treats and meals to share too. It looks like you have a lot of extra special things to celebrate. I love your scarf too! Hope everyone is on the mend soon, CoCo

Chrissy said...

Well,look at you, all cheffie and clever with knitting and stuff, what a fabulous fun post and all those yummy things to eat, I nearly put on ten pounds just reading about it..Jacob is a little cutie with his big smile,and that care package is fabulous as is the banoffee pie, yum,bread,cake,pots cooking, gosh, what a great night..

Luv CHRISSYxx

chrissy xx said...

Should imagine it's all been eaten up by now Janette.
Hope you all had a FABulous night. Looking at all the goodies you made? Well it made my mouth water!
LOving your scarf, looks very delicate and I LOve the colour.
Chrissyxx

Mrs.B said...

No wonder you haven't made any cards, you've been so busy doing fun family things, and making sure Mia is well fed and happy. Glad to hear Carla's doing ok now, must have been such a worry for you. The scarf looks gorgeous and soft, love the colour. Hope you enjoyed Bonfire night and had a good weekend. Avril xx

pinky said...

Oh my goodness Janette you are one busy woman! No wonder you are in demand though, that feast looks delicious!! I'm coming to your house next year!! I am sure your care package to Mia was excitedly accepted by all! Hope Jacob had a lovely birthday, he certainly looks happy with the cupcakes!! Your scarf is so delicately pretty and the colour is just perfect Janette. You are such a talented lady!!!

Lee said...

Blimey Janette,you must be so tired,all that cooking.Must have been worrying time for you what with the Covid again.Hope all well now.You do look a great cook and baker I must say hun.Love that scarf is it a crochet one.You take care now and don't forget to rest up.Hugs xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Sending Aussie hugs

Margarets designer cards said...

Catching up wiht you sorry its been hard work with the workman and the kitchen all done now. great post hope you had a wonderful day with the family
hugs

Merry said...

Hi Janette, thanks for popping on by yesterday. Looks like I have a bit of catching up in your world. I'm glad to hear that you and Mia are feeling well and all clear form Covid. You have been a busy Mum. Love the scarf you made and glad the heating and water are all sorted before it gets too cold over your way.

Linda Mc Enery said...

Thank you for your beautiful comment on my blog Janette! Wow! I love all you've been up to! I know all about 'Mum, can you please make...'. I love the containers you've bought the purpose!

Brenda said...

I'm a little late getting around, but that seems a way of life for me recently. I'm glad Mia will be able to come home now, though I'm sure she enjoyed her care package. The scarf is beautiful! and sounds like it will be put to good use in your part of the world. Thanks for the catch up, take good care, Janette!

Featured post

Quick cards.

  Morning everyone, I have two cards that came together really quickly. I had a play around with some metallic paints I have, they look so p...