Pages

Pages

Monday 6 December 2021

Penny slider...



 

Hope your all well and those that aren't sending my love and hugs to you.

I have never made a slider card !!!!!! how bad is that, all the years and not a one, so I thought I'd have ago and here it is, not the greatest and if I am honest I had more cock-ups than I care to tell, it just kept going wrong, but anyway, done, will do another when I can get into my room, its freezing in there so I am backing off for a day or two.

OK then, one of my fav Mo images



 See how she swings, haha. I hand cut the slot as I didn't have the die for this but that bit went ok.

Coloured with PM pens, the leaves were die cut and covered with lots of sparkly stuff, the sentiment was from a freebie set years ago. I had to make a mock up frame because of one of my mistakes, oh it was hard going and almost went in the bin.


side on, lots of foam tape as you can see, another mistake, I don't like it on show, but for a first go it'll do.

**************************

I am still having problems with comments, it's just a handful but its bothering me alot, we thought it was sorted the other day but its ongoing, sorry if you haven't heard from me, as soon as I can I will do a catch-up. Also most of you will have or be getting your cards from me any day now, if by any chance you get one that says best wishes for 2021, please enjoy, I have a rotten feeling I did this, honestly, since I had covid my head is not in the right place...!

Thats it, done boring you for today, BTW on friday I am joining my lovely teamies for the last challenge at CraftyCatz so please pop over and see, and do you fancy being a DT member for them, the best team ever in my humble opinion...just a thought. Bye for now girls.xxxx


16 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

what a fantastic card I have not made one of these it is very special love it. Hope you are well.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette this is a fantastic card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

It's gorgeous Janette! Glad you persevered with it despite the mishaps! I do love that sweet image and all the frosty sparkling branches, love the slider element too. Guess what? I've never made one either...I don't think just now would be a good time to try though with my head full of cotton wool!
Thanks for your message- I'm not feeling too bad at all- just so tired and spaced out,could be a whole lot worse!
Keep warm and safe
xxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card, I love it tye image is gorgeous, well done on trying something new,

Thank you fir tye card it arrived today, I hope it warms up my craft room was warm tye morning with the sun shining in but there’s a bitter wind outside and tomorrow looks positively yuck

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous slider card -I have never made one either!Gorgeous image and beautifully coloured love all the pine leaves,I am having bother leaving comments again but with different blogs this time??? I posted cards three different days and then lost my Christmas list so no idea who has or hasn'tgot a card coming so will be pot luck this year lol
Carol x

Chrissy said...

FABulous slider Janette, I love Mo's cute gnome images and you have coloured this one beautifully, and I love the branches and all the white so he pops right out there..at least you hand cut your slot, I didn't even try that..and don't worry about the date, we still have three weeks left of 2021, hee hee..I sent a lot of Birthday cards out to family etc and never wrote a thing in any of them..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Merry said...

Oh wow, this is so pretty and such fun.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and gorgeous colours. Love the glitter on the papers. xx

creationsnz said...

Wwwhheeeeee! this is a FUN card, wouldn't it be great if we could do that Janette? It looks super frosty too. CarolG

Mrs.B said...

Hi Janette, this is a fabulous card and the image is perfect. I made a slider at a class when I first started cardmaking but have never attempted one since. Might just have to give this a try for the twins.
Avril xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely love it for the beauty and the fun element, fabulous Janette.
Faith x

pinky said...

I haven't made many myself as they are a bit of a hazzle for me lol but boy do I love the look of yours Janette, so cute!! No bother commenting just yet but you never know!

Brenda said...

Well, I would have never known this was your first slider by looking. The image is perfect and your coloring is beautiful. I have had a bunch of trouble commenting also but found that if I use Google Chrome it seems to be better. It's kind of a pain, but I haven't been able to figure out the problem and have gotten no response from the Blogger people. Hopefully it will straighten out. Take care!

The Crowned Goat said...

This is so cute! I've never heard of cards like these but I am loving them. You are always so creative when it comes to making special cards like these. I know every time someone receives one it's such a happy mail day. On a side note, I haven't personally had Covid but several of my friends who have still don't feel quite like they did before having Covid so definitely give yourself lots of grace and extra TLC. I think the healing process is far longer than anyone ever anticipated. Big hugs, CoCo

chrissy xx said...

WoW! A stunner of a card.
LOving this image and Brilliant colours too Janette.
Sounds it took a while, but, you got there. LOving all the sparkle on these leaves and frame.
Chrissyxx

Aunty Sue said...

I know i left a comment because it inspired me to make one and sorry but your is far superior to mine

Featured post

Update.

 So sorry I haven't been around your blogs lately, I have been quite ill and up and down at the hospital, its been abit much at times I ...