Pages

Pages

Tuesday 23 May 2023

Rory's birthday card...


 

Before I start after all the fuss I made about this card its really just an ordinary card, I think he likes it because Sue, {auntySue} rang and left me a message while I was in the shower to say so. I planned to colour a SassyCheryl image of the little dog in an airplane, it was all done he was flying in a lovely sky backdrop, but fool here decides to cover him in Glossy accents and it went so wrong....So...I printed out another one and started over only this time when I was fussing cutting it out the propeller fell off an one of the wings went funny, I just chucked it and sat there wondering what on earth.....it was so well planned....anyways, I found this stamp that I bought on an eBay auction about three years ago, so here it is, not as wonderful as planned but here it is..


Coloured with PM pens and inked the background, the stampset includes so many little add ons, very cute. The number is a die I cut a couple of times.


Inside just lots of die cut balloons, kids love them don't they


Yep, I stamped the envelope too...

Sorry for the long post, hopefully you got this far and understand the trials and tribulations of card making...hahaha..

Here is a photo of the stamp set.


OK, off I go, thanks for your visit, see you soon on your blogs, of course :}}



14 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful image and card love the balloons as well
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

chrissy xx said...

What a sweetie! LOve your colours Janette.
Your clouds are GORgeous.
Third time lucky, comes to mind!
Chrissyxx

Aunty Sue said...

He sure did and asked if it was him. I am sure number 1 & 2 he would have loved and i so appreciate you sending.

crafty-stamper said...

Awww its a gorgeous card Janette, I really love the image,cloudy sky and all the balloons too, perfect for a 3yrs old.
Carol x

Chris said...

It's beautiful Janette- I really love that charming stamp- a timeless image of a carefree little boy, just perfect for little Rory. Fabulous background and colouring outside and the bright balloons inside are a lovely surprise. xx

Sue said...

Such a sweet image Janette and lovely card hugs x

Brenda said...

I love this sweet stamp and your card turned out gorgeous! This is perfect for one turning 3.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and stunning design, great colour combo, love it. xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Perfect card, I love the image and your colouring

Curly said...

This is amazing my friend! so beautifully coloured.
Have a lovely Bank Holiday Weekend
Hugs Bridget xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's as wonderful as you meant it to be and absolutely wonderful too. I love the stamp and your colouring, just perfect for a 3 year old. I LOVE this card.
Faith x

Chrissy said...

Oh the pain of it all Janette, I know exactly how it all comes together with glossy accents as an after thought and then the damn propellers fall of, but you ended up with and adorable card with beautiful fluffy clouds and I love the inside decoration and stamped envelope, these was nothing stopping you once it got sorted, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

pinky said...

Haha, top marks for sticking it out to the end and it really is the cutest wee card and I love that you stamped on the envelope too. I really should start doing that!!

Mrs.B said...

I hate it when a card doesn't go right, but I'm sure this makes up for it, I love the image, he's so sweet and it's beautifully coloured as always, love the sky.
Avril xx

Featured post

Envelopes.

  Mia has been making things for her housemates, this is the last year together so they all decided to create gifts for each other. She has ...