Pages

Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2017

All getting abit boring now I know....



Afternoon, hope all is well, just thought I'd blog this before it goes off into no-mans land...
Boring..!!!!!!...just a tad, this is the last one like this for a while..lol
This little set is nearly fifty years old, it was one of the last gifts my grandmother...Lily...bought before she passed, it has been used for all my jewellery since and it was needing a change so this is it..
I painted it before, this is the start to strip down, you know the drill..
First coat on....
Once I'd stripped the drawers i gave them a coat of dark wax finish, and waxed the drawers too with clear wax....
So another year or two and then change again, the chalk paint was a great buy from Aldi, and it's cracking stuff...
Thanks for your visit....



 

8 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

How fabulous lots of love has gone into this and well worth it well done.
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Caz said...

Love it and no its not boring...:) xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful piece of furniture Janette and you've certainly done it justice, it looks fab. Thanks for the tip about Aldi chalk paint I've wondered if it was any good, def going to get some now xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Looks really different, nice to give it a face lift and a new look.
Well done looks very modern

kay said...

Love the transformation Janette and it's a lovely piece to remind you of your grandmother x

Chrissy said...

Amazing how a lick of paint can make an older piece look so modern and fresh Janette.. really really smart..love those handles too.

Luv CHRISSYxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Looks fabulous Janette
Dianne xx :)

Mrs.B said...

A great make over Janette, you've given it a new lease of life - nice to know about the Aldi paint thanks.
Avril xx

Featured post

Thankyou.

 Just wanted to say a huge Thankyou to everyone who has asked how my daughter, Carla is doing.  She is feeling much better now, the hospital...