Pages

Pages

Friday 17 November 2023

Happy Friday.

 


I bought this die and rushed to make a card, as you do. It started so well, I used some mop up paper to back the cut out and that looked fine, added a sentiment and found some gorgeous DP a friend gave me, and that was also fine....but then, I noticed a ink smudge, tiny but it kept looking at me, so a big idea popped up, splash it, so I did and I don't like it half as much, anyways here it is, I did take a pic; before it got the splash treatment because I wanted to show that paper, gorgeous or what, had it ages and wouldn't use, but there you go.....


Now one before...so much better ouch !!!!!!


I can't look, I like it too much :))


Thats it then, I tried to 'tart' it up but I can't  wipe away my disappointment, will just have to try again...not to worry, worse things at Sea as my wonderful dad always told me.....I obviously listened to him he was a Navy man after all....:))

Hope you have a lovely weekend, its just stopped raining here, the sun has actually come out to play but its abit parky so I am staying put.

Thankyou so much for being here and any comments you may leave.




11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Morning my lovely I love the colour combo of this card and the CAS front is so effective.
Have a wonderful weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chris said...

Well Janette- I think it looks lovely with or without the splashes. You are a perfectionist- I looked really hard and couldn't see a smudge on the pre- splashed photo! It's a lovely design and the colours are beautiful BUT I do understand how you feel- countless times I have added something to a project and thought it looked better without- too late!
It's lovely to see the sun today after all the rain we had yesterday- long may it last.
Have a good weekend
xx

Chrissy said...

Oh, I love the splatters, and the papers and fabulous die,and cannot for the life of me see a smudge, so therefore it is a gorgeous card, I have a similar die with a horse and man in it, this would be a beauty to mass produce wouldn't it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Well I looked really hard and couldn't see any splashes Janette and I think your card is gorgeous and so is the paper. My Dad was a Navy man too:)) have a great weekend hugs x

Lisa said...

Oh how I can relate to the ink smudges. But I do love that we can still save cards even with them. We may not like them as much but at least we don't lose all the work entirely. I do love the addition of the splashes.

Curly said...

Hello lovely I think your card looks amazing both with and without, the orange and yellow splatter matches the DP.
Have lovely weekend
hugs Bridget :)xx

aussie aNNie said...

This is so lovely, these colours, the design and die make a gorgeous card ♥

pinky said...

You are way to hard on yourself Janette, it's all about fun! I am the muskiest crafter ever lol and get smudges on myself and my cards! I think both versions are absolutely beautiful!! Love the background paper too.

Mrs.B said...

It's a lovely card Janette - with and without the gold splashes. I know what you mean though, I've just added some splatters to a set of cards and must say I which I hadn't - too late now.
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Avril xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

We are always our biggest critics, but I love both versions and think you did a wonderful save. Lovely paper and die, making a lovely card Janette.
Faith x

Brenda said...

I think we all agree, your card is gorgeous any way you turn it. I love your mop up paper, it goes so well with your beautiful DP. It can be so tough cutting into our gorgeous papers, right? The die is stunning, reminds me of the sunrise we had this morning. I was a little upset with the puppy for wanting to go out to play when it was still very dark until I saw the absolutely breathtaking sunrise. Live and learn...

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....