Pages

Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Abit of what you fancy and all that...


Its not always great to get what you fancy, I LOVE snow, the cold weather does not love me or my health problems, but I love to see the snow and the all the children playing...OK then, I had this in my file from last year, I was playing with air dry clay, made some little flowers and a few hearts, not overly impressed then thought I wonder...so i set to it, made a plain old box with Papermill cardstock and covered it with Minty Polish papers and the made a top, covered it with tissue paper all crinkled up and lots of modge podge added the flowers, heart and some power tex balls, a few other bits and bobs, once dried i painted, first coat black, while still wet i added the copper and a touch of silver which is hardly visible, let dry and that's it...now I have to be honest, I really don't care for it, I do stuff like this all the time, but I am dragging as much out of file and posting for a reason, so you will believe me when I say I did that or I made one of those...that's all I will say about it...
Top view so maybe you can make a few things out..
That's all for today, if you get this far, thanks so much, I love to hear from you good or bad its all ok...xxx

15 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Janette what isnt to like about It is lovely and very clever I wish i could make something like it. Struggle making boxes

Chrissy said...

I LOVE this Janette..it is spectacular..I have wanted to do something like this forever..gorgeous work.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette I love how you have decorated this box. The texture you have added is amazing. I am sorry you find the cold weather difficult. I do hope you feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

pinky said...

Oh my word Janette this is absolute stunning. I love the texture and the colours. Just beautiful!!

Julie said...

I rather like it Janette. It's funny how sometimes a make that you don't quite like, gets loads of positive feedback when you showcase it!xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Janette i like your finish it has a rather chunky look which appeals to me,you are very clever my friend xx

Chris said...

Hi Janette, you've used some amazing techniques to create your fabulous box! The detail in the lid is amazing, great texture and I never would have thought that you'd used clay....looks metallic ..and antique! I often create things that I'm not too happy with the finished result, but sometimes (often) they're the things I enjoyed making the most, it's always fun to experiment and try out new techniques.
Chris
xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a stunning creation.
Stay safe and warm
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Mrs.B said...

What's not to like about your box, it's fabulous. Love the grungy rusty finish you achieved with the fabulous textures and the roses and heart give it a lovely feminine feel. The paper you chose for the sides is perfect. Absolutely love it.
Avril xx

MagsB said...

What a lovely antique vibe your box has! And how good it feels to use up 'bits'n'bobs' that are hanging around, I always feel pleased with myself when I do that lol!!!

Stay warm and snug!

love Mags B x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW this is brilliant Janette fabulous texture -love all the cogs and stuff and the broze looks brilliant against the black
Carol x

Lee said...

Oh WOW,love this you are clever you know.Take care hunni.xx

creationsnz said...

GORGEOUS! CarolG

Brenda said...

Janette, you are a wizard with paper. This is an absolutely amazing treasure that looks nothing like paper crafting, definitely a work of art. GORGEOUS!

creationsnz said...

What a super box, love all the bits. CarolG

Featured post

Ask me who finally got in the craft room.......

  Afternoon everyone, what a beautiful day its been and because the sun was shining it warmed my room up so I had a play. First up is this c...