Pages

Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Happy Tuesday.


Hello all, hope your well, I was having a play around over the weekend, this took me a couple of days to make because of the layers drying out. I have tried to add a few 'as we go' pics of this so hope it doesn't bore you to death.
I found an old board canvas, decided to cut into a heart....was not easy but got there in the end
Score marks were just a guide to try get it even
Ran lots of off-cuts through the machine with the TH folder, I love this one.
So began adding some wood letters wrapped in some wire with the odd bead, cuts some keys a few times to bulk up, lots of pebbles scattered around, a small heart I made from left over clay ages ago, just about anything, I also 'studded' round the outter edge with brads, as you can see it was a matter of what can I throw at this next... until it was ready for a first coat of flat black
Once dry added gold, metallic blue paints, and finally some silver rub and buff. I am thinking of adding more of the blue, just dry brushed, but will see.
I added a hoop at the back, which is covered in the same embossed paper so it can be hung.
Let me know if you think it needs a brightener will you.

Thankyou so much for any comments you may leave, am off to make something for a challenge I fancy. Enjoy the rest of your day.


13 comments:

Jackie T said...

Oh wow Janette this is am amazing project. Mixed media projects do take a long time with all the drying. It is nice to have time to have a play. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

WOW absolutely brilliant mixed media heart love all the embellishments you added -brilliant
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutely stunning project enjoy your day
Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

Caz said...

Love this Janette...I would love to do something like this, but wouldnt know where to begin....not brave enough lol..what do u use for rub..and buff..

Caz xx

Chris said...

It's gorgeous Janette! A beautiful piece of mixed media art! I really admire (with a touch of jealousy!) the ability to produce something that looks as amazing as this from scratch. I think it's perfect as it is!
xx

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Janette..I love your heart shape and all the details and embellishments you have added..fabulous..I think this sort of crafting could be my favourite thing to do, until the novelty rubs off, but for now I love doing it too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

PS..I love the HOME letters wrapped in wire..I need wire now..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Pretty sensational and artistic design, love this..x

Brenda said...

I love that embossing folder to...I have a couple of cards coming up that I used it on. This is amazing, Janette, all those details. Looks as if you've been keeping beautifully busy.

Mrs.B said...

This is fabulous Janette and looks good as it is. I love your black/silver steampunk theme and the way you wrapped the wire around the word.
Avril xx

creationsnz said...

Oh Janette this is so fabulous and well worth all your hard work. Some amazing little treasures to find in there. CarolG

pinky said...

Wow wow wow Janette!! This is amazing! You've been hiding this talent under a bushel woman! You are amazing at cards but WOW. Thanks for sharing the steps too. LOVE IT!!

Lisa Andersson said...

Love this Janette! All details looks amazing. Just love the letters wrapped in wire, the colours and your whole design. Absolutely stunning!
Lisa xx

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....