Pages

Pages

Tuesday 5 January 2021

A Christmas project I never posted.


 

Hello there lovlies, its freezing here and the wind is making it feel worse, I cannot get warm today at all, thankfully I have a roof over my head which is more than some poor souls out there.

This is something I made way before Christmas, it was a book of toppers from Hunkydory, I buy sometimes because they can come in handy, so I made a bunch of cards for Mia to send out to her friends, she did love them so job done.

 

This is just the topper I used to make the little card holder but isn't that tree gorgeous.

Sorry I didn't take more pics now, but you get the gist.


 

This topper is from a magazine giveaway from at least 2014, I was a having clear out...
Thats all from 2020 I think, looking forward to starting our challenge blog at CraftyCatz on Friday do hope you will pop over and say hello.
*************
We are back on total lockdown here again in the UK, its a long haul this one, take it from someone who hasn't been outdoors since last February, its not great but got to be done, I am just thankful for a nice warm home, food on the table and people I can call upon. At christmas we had so much food over it was a sin, so I started making sandwiches up, ended  up with a huge box full and my daughter and her partner went round the streets giving them out, she was humbled by the experience, I mean we all give to charity and the Sally army but going to actually face these poor forgotten souls is another story, no one deserves that.
********
Anyway, off I go now, may just watch something on telly who knows. I hope your safe and warm wherever you are, take care, see you soon.


13 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful selections Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Mrs.B said...

A lovely project and a nice gift to Mia.
That's a lovely gesture to the homeless, I'm sure those sandwiches were appreciated, especially as the weather was so bad over Christmas.
Hugs, Avril xx

crafty-stamper said...

Freezing here too but we haven't had the wind!Beautiful toppers and love the card holder- very thoughtful of you to make all the sandwiches and your daughter and her partner to share them out-easy to judge but you never know someones situation.
Carol x

Chris said...

A fabulous project Janette, this beautiful set of cards gave double the pleasure this year- first to your granddaughter and then to the friends that she sent them to, such a lovely thoughtful idea.
Can't say I was too thrilled at the prospect of a further lockdown but it certainly wasn't unexpected and has to be done.
How kind you were to make those sandwiches for those poor souls with nowhere to go, the world would be better place if there were more people like you. I am busy counting my blessings- it will take a while! :))
xx

pinky said...

Wow I bet she did love it and all her friends. Gorgeous cards and lovely idea Janette. How amazing was that to make your sandwiches up and deliver them! So thoughtful and humbling as you say. Happy New Year to you Janette. I hope you stay safe and healthy. Hugs
Pinky

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette this is a stunning project. I love it. Yes we have got to knuckle down to the lockdown. It is the only way to keep people safe. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chrissy said...

That is a real beauty Janette, what a gorgeous tree, mine never looks like that, beautiful toppers and I love your card holder, what a great idea for a gift..we are very strange creatures, when we hot we want to be cool, when we cold, we want to be warm, your summer will come and you will get hot, my winter will come and I CANT wait..lol..to get cold..

luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Exquisite card, glad you posted it and adore the colours. xx

NickScrapShack said...

This is so beautiful! Such a fantastic gift idea I might have to try this next Christmas. Hope you and your family is well and safe. I have heard that it´s rather bad and that you´re going for another look down. Take care!

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, printing on tissue paper is not that hard as long as it is taped top and bottom to cardstock to keep it in place and not crumble up. xx

Doreen said...

A gorgeous project, and such a lovely gift.xxx

Brenda said...

Hi Janette! Happy, Happy New Year! I got even further behind with the holidays (which were nice and quiet and thankfully pretty uneventful). I did look at all your posts and beautiful projects. I love that you got to spend time baking with your granddaughter. Your grandson is darling. This projects is brilliant, it would be such a nice gift. I'm hoping 2021 brings us all relief from all the not so good things we have had to deal with in 2020. Praying for all the best for you and your beautiful family!

Aunty Sue said...

How cool is this bet Mia was so chuffed

Featured post

Chrissy finally got her birthday gift, almost a month late.......

  What a to-do this one has been. I made a birthday gift for my friend Chrissy in NZ . Packed it up got it collected on the 18th March, thi...