Pages

Pages

Sunday 11 July 2021

I KNOW I SHOULD BE WATCHING THE MATCH......


 

Just wanted to put this up tonight, I am avoiding the obvious but oh well....

You heard me talk about Helens craft shop, well I bought a few things again and this is one of them.

It started life like this

Wanted to make it into a little note board of sorts.


 

Taped off the top and painted it with gunmetal acrylic, then used some metal tape, added the TH clip which I had to glue and screw in, its tough I can tell you, the spoon was in my stash forever and the little chippie recipe is also from Helens, they also got a paint job. You can find all her fabulous stash HERE I put the stripe paper there just because I am still waiting on the pads I ordered, not from Helens, she's quicker than that.
 
I filled to bowl of the spoon with clear gloss and a touch of glitter, looks like sugar to me:)
Thats about all, I can here the match, our boys have already scored but its too much for me, I vividly remember 1966, and I can't stand the strain haha.....my poor youngest son, who btw has tested positive for Covid and is not well at all, well he is praying we win, time will tell.
Take care lovely friends.xx

 

13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous note noard and love the spoon.John doesn't watch football and is in his shed listening to music.Hope your son is okay-Holly was sent home from school last week because she "coughed" in P,E she had a test but is negtive but still had to stay off until tomorrow
Carol x

Doreen said...

Wow ....love this you have transformed it beautifully.xxx

Jackie T said...

Oh wow Janette this is a fantastic project. I couldn't watch the match either. I made Christmas cards. I am sorry to hear about your son. Take care. Hugs Jackie

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a fabulous idea and it certainly has the WOW factor. Great design
Thank you Janette all the lovely comments you leave me and thoughtful words.
Have a great day take care Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

pinky said...

That is gorgeous and YES it looks like sugar to me too!! Hope your son is getting better Janette! As for the football, I won't go there lol.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning result Helen (not the match! I remember it too.) I absolutely love this project, what a wonderful idea with the spoon, it does look like sugar ;D It looks like it's from one of those expensive kitchen shops.
Sorry to hear about your son, I hope he is well soon.
Faith x

Chris said...

This looks fabulous Janette- you are so inventive- especially love the sugary spoon it's a wonderful finishing touch!
Didn't watch the footie either- hid in craft room with Marvin who was being ..a puppy... and wouldn't settle to let hubby watch it in peace!
Hope your son feels better soon, so many younger people are ill with the virus just now...
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sorry meant to say Janette, I was thinking of the link duh!
Faith x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Janette and so inventive hope your Son improves hugs Sue x

Chrissy said...

Wow, neat Janette, what a great note board..love the clip and gunmetal colour and the spoon and recipe sentiment is fabulous with the sparkle in the bowl of the spoon and it does look like sugar, you are a clever clogs..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Brenda said...

What a wonderful note board, I absolutely adore that spoon and couldn't agree more, it is definitely sugary in my eyes.

creationsnz said...

Janette you are such a clever girl to turn this into a message board. I would never have thought of that and it will look great up in the kitchen. CarolG

Lee said...

OMG.this is soooo amazing.You really don't realise just how talented you are hunni.I love it.xxx

Featured post

Quick cards.

  Morning everyone, I have two cards that came together really quickly. I had a play around with some metallic paints I have, they look so p...