Pages

Pages

Wednesday 6 October 2021

Broken clock.


 

Found an old-ish clock in a cupboard, why oh why would I keep it !!!!!! anyways, took it to pieces , got youngest son to cut me a circular piece of board to act as the base, slotted it into the frame, covered with some nice DP a quick coat of modge podge and the glass face slotted in, Mia loves her new tray, haha


 


So got rid of yet more rubbish and made my sweet girl smile, I didn't get time to put any handles on, if anyone remembers the woodern one I made from an old picture frame it was so much more than this but still, nice change I think and it passed an hour on :))
**************
On a different note, I don't always talk about personal stuff thats going on because we all have troubles, but recently I was in a mess, my wonderful daughter Carla, was suddenly rushed to hospital and was very poorly, she had developed sepsis, my heavens I have been a wreck, trying to carry on but terrified. Well she is on the mend, very much a lucky girl right now and I thank God so much but they still haven't got to the bottom of why it happened, she has had problems for two years now but with Covid, well lets just say things are on the slide, lots of investigating going on, please keep her in your thoughts won't you, she is a wonderful girl and works so hard with her children up at her School, I am only telling this incase I go missing again. Thankyou for letting me vent abit, sometimes it helps me cope better.


13 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette what a wonderful way to use an old clock. I am sorry to hear about your daughter I do hope she makes a speedy recovery. You must be so worried. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Aunty Sue said...

How cool is this Mia is lucky to have a clever Grandma and yes Carla is in my thoughts and glad is has improved i know how worried you was. Be kind to yourself and take it easy

Lee said...

Hi,you have such a talent you know.loving this creation.I am so very sorry about Carla no wonder you were a wreck,a terrible thing to have and so stressful for everybody.Thinking of you my friend.Huggles.xxx

Chris said...

Oh Janette, I can imagine how worried you were/are about your daughter,a terrifying time for the whole family. So glad she's improving and I do hope they find out what caused it.
Your tray is fabulous- what a clever idea- good thing you didn't throw that clock away! Hope Mia is settling into uni life- it's eary days yet but so exciting for her.
Take care, xxx

crafty-stamper said...

I love how you turned the clock into something useful and love the clouds.So sorry to hear about your daughter and wishing her a speedy recovery and hope they find the cause.Take care and if you need a rant you know where you can get in touch with me
Carol x x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a wonderful idea for the clock.
So sorry to hear about your daughter and home she makes a speedy recovery take care big hugs Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How creative Janette, I love the recycling and what a wonderful result.
As for your daughter, how very worrying for you and the family. I'm so happy to hear she is on the mend, it must have been so scary for you to see her so ill. Yes! things are definitely on the slide and I hope someone works out soon to find what is causing her the problems. Praying for her.
Faith x

Brenda said...

This is such a lovely, useful treasure you have created! Will keep Carla and you in my thoughts. I hope you are getting along better!

chrissy xx said...

I can relate to this! So hard for you. We feel hopeless when things are out of our control Janette. So glad Carla is on the mend and I hope they get to the bottom of why this happened. A few weeks ago my Grandson was rushed to Hospital on the Saturday, then had an early morning phone call on the Sunday that my Daughter had landed in Hospital too! Both are back home now, and being watched, but, such a worrying time. I'm still not over it!
Your 'tray' is just BRilliant! Who would have thought about recycling into such a work of art. LOve it.
Chrissyxx

pinky said...

Oh Janette that is awful, your poor daughter. I will definitely keep her in my prayers, which seem to be jam packed at the minute!! Just know I am thinking of you, one mother to another. As the worry we have for our grown up kids and Grandkids can be overwhelming at times. Sending hugs. On a lighter note, did you know how talented a crafter you really are!! This tray is amazing!!

Chrissy said...

OMG I even missed this clock, slap me in the face with a wet fish, what's wrong with me..but glad I scrolled down and to see the amazing transformation of your clock into a tray, so clever and looks wonderful..I hope and pray your Daughter will be alright and you can vent with me when ever you want, I'm only a PM away..it's a terrifying life at the moment, my Daughter has just had to have bowel surgery last week and I've been on tender hooks too, no wonder I've been missing stuff, I lost a whole week..stay safe and take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx

creationsnz said...

Janette you are so clever! I would never have thought of something like that. AMazing. CarolG

The Crowned Goat said...

This is such a creative idea! I love that you took something that was meant for one purpose and made it into something completely different - so cool. Keeping your family close and adding your daughter to my prayer list. I hope she's on the mend soon, CoCo

Featured post

Quick cards.

  Morning everyone, I have two cards that came together really quickly. I had a play around with some metallic paints I have, they look so p...