Pages

Pages

Friday 2 August 2024

Two cards same image...



Morning lovely people, hope all is well. I will get right into this. 

I got this image from Mo on her Patreon page, all thanks to Chris.

I got to colour her up asap but you know what, I am disappointed  in my cards, I know you will say they are fine and all that but they are not just 'right'...anyways, I am adding them to show we all have off days, weeks months haha, whatever, but I will try again with her she is so cute.


 1st up this one with a stencilled background and some glitter of course, I just don't know !!!!

Now for the second crack at this...


Still some stencilling and some gold paste around the edges....done to try make it look abit more 'Christmassy' The little strip of paper is also from Mo, very pretty.

Thats it,  see what you think but I will have to come up with something else for her, she is so cute.

Hope you are all looking forward to a good weekend, its been so hot and lovely, hope it lasts for the workers. 

I went to Hobbycraft in the week with my Girls, Carla and Mia, I have to confess I was not that bowled over, I did buy some wool, ready for the winter so I can keep busy, but honestly, unless your going for a certain item, there was nothing to grab the attention. Maybe it was just me but still, I think they need to 'pep' it up abit.

Right then, I am off, see you in blogland.



11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning beautifully coloured and great card designs. Enjoy the weekend . Hugs Ginny xx

Chris said...

Ahh Janette, isn't she a sweetie! To me she's the epitome of Christmas Eve- an excited little girl leaving a snack for Santa! (Having 4 granddaughters it has to be a girl!) I think your designs are beautiful but we're always our own worst critics, I think it depends on what we envisage when we start out. I hope you enjoy your Patreon images from Mo, I love seeing what turns up each month!
Not over impressed with Hobbycraft either- it used to great for card making stuff (if a bit over-priced) but now it's very disappointing. Can't remember the last time I bought anything there. Still at least you had a nice trip out with your girls, that's always a treat.
Have a lovely weekend
xx

Aunty Sue said...

2 great cards and love the image i keep wondering about joining the patron. As for Hobbycraft yes very disappointing last visit i went. Enjoy your day rest for me Southport with Rory yesterday

pinky said...

She is a cutie Janette and thanks to you I am now signed up with Mo's Patreon lol. I hope to have a play with her this weekend. I love what you have done but know what you mean. Maybe she needs some Christmassy embellishments are something. We don't have a Hobbycraft near us so don't go that often. In answer to your question this morning I have already made another two of the never ending fold lol. I absolutely love making them and they are so easy. I don't know what I was waiting for! Have a great weekend!!

Chrissy said...

She is fun and cute Janette and coloured beautifully and I love gold paste edging, must remember that, I love your cards and how lucky to have a nice day out with your girls, I have a grand daughter who is my grandson's girlfriend who treats me so well and takes me out every Wednesday now, she has adopted
me..ha ha ha..

Luv CHRISSYxx


chrissy xx said...

She is such a sweetie Janette. Idea for any little {or big} girl waiting in anticipation for Christmas!
LOve both your cards. FABulous colours and design.
Chrissyxx
Think when we go shopping? Our imagination has to grab us if it wants to come home with us lol..
Best thing is though out shopping with those we love. x

Lisa said...

Super fun image, great coloring and two wonderful cards. I love that we as crafters can create several cards and they can look so different just by changing out paper.

Sue said...

Great to see you have signed up with Mo's Patreon Janette I love this image but haven't found the time to colour her up yet! 2 Fab cards and I know what you mean about Hobbycraft I haven't been in there for ages nothing takes my fancy at all...take care lots of hugs Sue x

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty, lovely background and a gorgeous design x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What a wonderful image and colouring Janette, the gold and design is so pretty on your first card and I love the textured background on your second. Beautiful work. x

Brenda said...

I hate to have a disagreement, but I love both cards. There's no way you could go wrong with this little cutie!

Featured post

New stamp set....

  New stamp set came yesterday and I just had to play right then. They are not branded and I think you will get where I bought them from. Th...