Pages

Pages

Friday 3 April 2020

CraftyCatz challenge #500...wow...


Hello everyone, I really hope you are all safe and well and coping.

We have our 500th challenge for you today, so come along and join in after all you can win a great prize and pass abit of time on....
Our lovely sponsor this week is DigiDoodleStudios who you can find HERE
The team were given images to use and this weeks host, Christine, added the optional theme of One for the Girls.
For my card I used 
Mindy's new boots.
I used a folder for the brickwork and then just chalked over to give abit of depth to it, the dp was an old off cut I found in my draw as were the hearts, I think I used a stencil from HobbyCraft here.   Ribbon was a last buy from Ribbon Girl before it closed, sadly.
Image was coloured with Flex markers.
Entering the following, {thanks for the memory jog Susan..}
TTCRD 
DigiDoodleStudio 

Thats it for today at least, I am trying to keep busy with those jobs around the house that get put off all the time, I thought if I can do just one aday it will ease my mind and pass time on better than just sitting about, nothing worse then wasting time is there.
If your like me, I miss hugs more than anything else, my children and grandchildren are my life's work, and to not be able to interact with them is hard going, one of my eldest grandsons Lucas, always hugs me tight when he comes in and I do miss it, when all this is over, God willing, they are all going to be in for alot of hugs and tears will be shed...haha...stay safe lovely people.xxx

17 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card love the blue theme Stay safe Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

Aunty Sue said...

Morning sending a Cyber hug I think we all need Yes I know how you feel miss thekids. they drive us mad but we love them. Love your card and love that brick work. Dont forget to enter it into Digi Doodles challenge and Through the craft room door. You know you want too. Stay safe

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette your card is gorgeous. I love that image and the brickwork is amazing. I think we are all missing our families. I am so pleased that there is technolgy to keep us in touch. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

Love your design Janette, the brickwork makes a perfect background for this sweet girl, gorgeous ribbon too.
Missing the family is definitely the hardest part for me too.
At least we know that they are safe and well.
xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card love your design and image.
Stay safe and well

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Janette love the image and how you showcased it -missing the grandaughters terribly as used to see them practically every day-but now back with their Mum and all communications has been stopped!
Carol x

Jac’s Playground said...

This is gorgeous Janette and I love the texture you created. I'm so lucky to have Ria at home with me so I get my hugs but I feel for you, a few of my team are missing out on the time with their grandchildren, thank goodness for technology enabling us to keep in touch. Have a great week and stay safe xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous colouring and great design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

NickScrapShack said...

Wonderful card Janette! Beautiful colouring as always and I love that embossing pattern. I hope you take care of yourself, it´s difficult times and I think it´s a good strategi to do one job a day to keep us going. It´s really hard not to see those you really want to spend the most time with, but hopefully this way we secure that we can in the future.
Stay safe!
Nick

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card you did a great job thanks for sharing!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Janette, the background texture looks great.
Yes, I miss the hugs and kisses, we're all doing WhatsApp so at lease it seems like face to face contact, but it's the sensible thing to do.
Have a great weekend and stay safe.
Hugs, Avril xx

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is fabulous! I love the ribbon separator between the two backgrounds - the perfect place for her to be sitting! Gorgeous colouring! The hearts are such a great addition, and super creative from my perspective - I'm not sure I'd know where or how to place them if it were my card, but you've popped them in as though they were meant to be there all along! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Digi Doodle Studios!
Linda
PS: Who knew something could come along that could restrict our hugs! It boggles the brain!

Lisa Andersson said...

Stunning card and beautiful colouring as always. Love the brickwork and the colour combo.
Missing family is hard. Stay safe!
Hugs, Lisa

creationsnz said...

I love Mindy in her new boots - a lovely card. I can remember in the '60s getting my first boots at 16 and being so excited I wore them everywhere! CarolG

Chrissy said...

WOW, beautiful Janette, love the brickwork background and the gorgeous blue bow with that fabulous and beautifully coloured image, isn't she just lovely..gorgeous card..sending a virtual hug to make you feel better..can you feel it, I'm squeezing hard.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pop's Cards said...

I love the brick work it looks amazing and she looks fabulous stood there, hugs Pops x

Aunty Sue said...

Great design colouring and spring colours thanks for sharing at Digi Doodles Studios. Good luck in the draw

Featured post

Quick cards.

  Morning everyone, I have two cards that came together really quickly. I had a play around with some metallic paints I have, they look so p...