Pages

Pages

Friday 29 May 2020

Baby card .


Thanks for coming and having a little look at this post, my dear friend Sue, {AuntySue in blogland,} has just had her very first grandchild, a beautiful boy, she has waited so long for this and he is a little bumper. As soon as she told me the news about it all I made a start on making a blanket for him, and then the card, I was really pleased with how it turned out.
Mo image coloured with pro markers. The standing card is from CraftStash, Papers were from eBay and the Baby die is a Sarah Davis Signature collection and its so sweet. Ribbon from Ribbon Girl pearls etc from stash.
Side view
 Kept the back as CAS as poss and added a tag in the pocket with the sentiment.
This is the box I made to keep it in, I do love a boxed card don't you...
Best of all Sue said it didn't get crused, haha, I did pack everything in a big box and got it collected so all was well.
A look at the blanket I made him, for anyone interested this is the best wool for a Baby, its called Bernat Baby wool and I got mine from Wool Warehouse,  its so warm and lightweight, my grandsons both still have theirs, and it crochets up like a dream, you can make one in a night or two.
Well I think thats it, sorry for the long post.

10 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Janette the cards box and blankets are just so stunning all on display and loved nearly as much as Rory as Chris says he has now been demoted to 2nd place but he doesn't mind. Thank you so much and your the best.

pinky said...

you are making me want to get my crochet hook out again. I just gave away a box of wool!! Gorgeous makes for a special baby boy!!

Chris said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Janette, made and given with a lot of love! Lovely blanket too, can't believe you can make one in one evening!!!
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette the card and box are gorgeous. That blanket is beautiful and so snuggly. What a kind gesture for your friend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous baby card love the cute image and gorgeous bows-love the co-ordinating box and the blanket looks so soft and cozy a beautiful gift
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card and matching box Janette, so lovely, gorgeous image,love your dies and design with those little pearl hearts and the blanket is just gorgeous, I see the softness and lovely colour combo for a sweet wee boy..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mrs.B said...

A really beautiful card Janette and you've added so many sweet details making it very special. Love the little blanket, it looks so cosy, can't believe you made it in a night or two.
Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Avril xx

creationsnz said...

Hi Janette, don't apologise for your post! It's so interesting and your project is amazing. It must've taken ages to make; so glad the blankie didn't take that long!! CarolG

Brenda said...

All beautiful, Janette, you have given them keepsakes to be cherished! Glad to know about the baby wool, I have a new niece coming in August. Those colors are just gorgeous.

Pop's Cards said...

This is a beautiful selection for me to look at today, the card is just gorgeous and I am loving the blanket how sweet, hugs Pops x

Featured post

Update.

 So sorry I haven't been around your blogs lately, I have been quite ill and up and down at the hospital, its been abit much at times I ...