Pages

Pages

Saturday 20 June 2020

Sunny Saturday...yay!!!!


Hi everyone I hope your having a good weekend, happy midsummers day also, gosh the longest day already....
OK, so if you read my post the other day about all the stuff I am up to at the moment you will know I mentioned doing a woodern heart, omg, its been an uphill battle,  ANYWAYS, its here, love it or hate it,  it drove me nuts.
This thing hs been so many different colours, I put down a base coat of hessian, stencilled some brick work with stencil paste and then started to build it up, I broke up a mdf window and added that across, the smile is also mdf from CraftStash, then added power tex beads, metal scissors, broke a couple of paint brushes and also made two little pencils, wood hearts and the butterfly I made heaven knows when from air dry clay, everything is more or less oldish stash.
So finally this morning I added some gold and copper acrylic, still not doing it for me, thought it looked rusty and to be honest, thats not my thing at all, so added glitter, NOPE, then thought I wonder if that creamy stuff I bought and hardly use will bring it to life, yep, I am liking it better but even now it could all change before it makes its journey, haha...
Great stuff should use it more...
Here is where it started out.
This was collecting things, the flowers didn't make it, they are clay, been in a jar for two or more years and still not found a use, but you never know
The paint in the picture was to be the next step, may as well have never bothered but thats the way crafting goes at times.
Sorry for the long post, I hope you tell me if you think its ok, I really don't mind the truth you know, haha...
Enjoy whats left of the day, its gorgeous here at the moment and I have a Christmas card to finish...


10 comments:

Chris said...

Here's the truth Janette- it's GORGEOUS! xx

Caz said...

Gorgeous Janette....xx

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Lovely a bit of mixed media on a heart, love love love...in all honestly, I love it.xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wow! this is absolutely stunning
Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

crafty-stamper said...

WOW absolutely brilliant love all the embellishments and great rusty effect -love it!!!
Carol x

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette this is stunning I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Brenda said...

I agree with the GORGEOUS! I rather like rusty, grungy stuff. I loved hearing your process, we would get along so well in the craft room, you made me chuckle for sure.

Chrissy said...

WoW..it is gorgeous Janette, I love it..I love the rusty colours and all the details and bits and pieces..FABulous mixed media project....

Luv CHRISSYxx

Pop's Cards said...

This is so pretty I love the vintage feel to it, hugs Pops x

pinky said...

That is absolutely AMAZING! You and Chrissy are definitely the queens of mixed media. I love this Janette!!!

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....