Pages

Pages

Monday 9 November 2020

Happy Monday.


 

Hi lovlies, hope you are all ok.

I made this last week trying to get my mojo working, its more my kind of thing, verging onto mixed media I think. Anyway, would be happy if you tell me what you think, not everyones cup of tea for a Christmas card I know, but I think its OK.



 

I cut alot, alot, of trees and words and stuck them together, put some card through an embossing folder from crafters companion and cut some wavy snow bumps. Painted it all up in black acrylic and then dry brushed some silver and white on, a touch of glitter and was done, mounted it onto card and added yet another layered tree inside.tried my best to get a good pic, this is the best I can come up with...Phew....

If you read this far Thankyou your braver than I, haha. Enjoy your day.xxx




 

10 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love the texture you have achieved. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chrissy said...

I love it Janette, I love the layers and textures and then the silver, looks awesome..it is great to try different things and I want to try this as my mojo has gone walkabout, and last night we [Napier], went into state of emergency as the rain never stopped and the flooding was sudden and very scary, my ceiling leaked and my garage was ankle deep inside,BUT, this morning things look a bit better,water has vanished but left very soggy things more rain predicted but maybe not as much..guess my mojo-less self will sit around and do nothing..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Love the design, not my type of card but I think it looks ok, to me it’s a night View of a Christmas scene
Hooe you are well and staying safe

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,love all the texture.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

This looks pretty good to me. A Christmas card with a difference always appeals to me, well any card in fact. I too think you are good at Mixed Media, and love to see more of it. If you are on facebook we have challenges on at Ink Art Designs whom I design for and as long as you have the stamps in the store you can enter and win.....xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Yes I like it love the embossing and it is a wonderful result.
Take care stay safe. Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

pinky said...

Janette it is just amazing! I wish I had an eye for mix media, but I am sadly useless.

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely brilliant card love all the textured and you got a great result with the silver/white over the black
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

This looks fabulous Janette, love the depth of texture you have created and the silver finish with the sparkly Christmas words is brilliant.
Avril xx

Brenda said...

I think this is wonderful, but I'm a real sucker for texture. You've created such a beautiful winder scene.

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....