Pages

Pages

Tuesday 9 March 2021

Tag time.

 


I know I am taking a break but this has been on my desk for a week, never get round to finishing and just kept adding colour here and there, well I had to back away and this is the finished item. I read this morning that the Tagit tuesday have a theme this week of anything with wings..perfect I hope.

Started with white corrigated card and a piece of mountboard cut to shape and just began adding to it, craft stones, metal gears, chippy glasses, TH charm, the wings are from a set I had in my stash for ages and the bolt thats screws through to hold the chain is also a TH most from stash, then the painting began, whatever I added I wasn't happy, so I let it dry and remembered my cream chalks and got the blue-ish look from those, then finally sprayed it with Crafters Companion varnish , I use it alot it jst fixes everything it also makes for a more rigid finish.PHEW....sorry...:)

entering into
Tag tuesday use  Wings

There we go, I have another one but I will sort tomorrow don't want to bore you to death in one go. Hope your all well, the lockdown is easing from today, schools are going back etc, lets hope for the best. God knows I need to go shop, and I don't mean food...can't wait.


20 comments:

Caz said...

Love this Janette, I just cant get into mixed media, as much as love the look.. lol...Schools went back yesterday here..Thank you for your lovely coment on my clock..Im getting bit excited as great grandson due, well over due..lol Well he is am boy lol

Take care

Caz xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW this is absolutely brilliant Janette-love the corrugated background-fabulous texture with all the cogs and the bluish colour finishes it off perfectly
Carol x

Aunty Sue said...

I still have the one you sent me near my front door love it. Did you not try your brushco looks awesome

Chris said...

What a fantastic Tag Janette! I love the steampunk look, all those gorgeous cogs and chains such wonderful texture- and a fabulous grungy effect from the paints.
Yep kids back to school now, thank goodness. Two granddaughters still in primary school so they went back yesterday- and loved it! The eldest went for a covid test today, all clear so she's back tomorrow. I do hope they don't keep getting sent home to isolate this time!
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette this is a stunning tag. I love all the texture you have added. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Gillena Cox said...

Your tag is very interesting. Actually i thought if doibg a winged tag but did another digital instead.
Happy Tuesday

Mych💜love

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous tag Janette, very striking. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastic, lovely tag....you never bore me to death love seeing your work. xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutely stunning Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Janette, this is amazing, what an incredible result, I had to enlarge the photos to see the details and still WOW!
Faith x

Brenda said...

This is GORGEOUS, Janette! I love all that texture, it's just absolutely yummy! Hoping you get to go shopping soon...

Chrissy said...

Wonderful Janette, love all your details, the wings are fantastic ad corrugated card, the little goggles and love the grungy colours..FAB-U-LOUS..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Doreen said...

Love your tag, great texture.xxx

pinky said...

Amazing tag and YES perfect for my challenge of wings Janette. Thanks so much for sharing your work of art with us. I love how you and Chrissy always teach us something along the way. I'd be lost without you both!! Thanks for joing us at Tag Tuesday xxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Interesting piece of art work
Hope you are well and keeping safe

Claire said...

A gorgeous creation

Michele said...

what a sunning masterpiece! thank you for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Mrs.B said...

Just on a catch up!
A fabulous tag Janette, love all the little details along with those cogs and wings. The little glasses are a fabulous touch and you've achieved a great colour and finish.
Fingers crossed that everything stays on track and we can come out of this lockdown cause there's nothing like a shopping day to boost your mood.
Have a great weekend, Avril xx

Claire said...

Beautiful tag

creationsnz said...

Such wonderful texture and lots of interesting bits and pieces. CarolG

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....