Pages

Pages

Monday 27 September 2021

Quick-ish post


 

Hope your weekend was good. Our sweet girl Mia left for Uni yesterday, so many tears, we are a bunch but she is one of the lucky ones and the sweetest girl you can ever imagine, for me, my reward for years of life not being so good, grand kids are the best.

*************************

OK, made this to take my mind off things, its just a tag with other tags in a pocket on the backside, some torn paper and a touch of silver foil


I found a sheet of card from Hunkydory in a drawer, ran it through a TH folder, tore up some black card to make the wrap around pocket, added some metal do dah thingys to stop the punched holes tearing and some black fine cord.

Added some dies and a touch of rub on foil.


 

Added more small tags and some whote doodles for the back pocket.
Thats it, sorry for the 'not so quick post' :))
I am off to do something, anything to take my mind of my Mia not being around, she is ALWAYS around here getting coffee of snacks or watching the Gilmore Girls, which btw she has me addicted to now. Onwards and upwards. Have a good day lovely people.xxxx




13 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette this is stunning I love it. Crafting really does take your mind off things. I hope your granddaughter really enjoys university. It won't be long before she is home again. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tag Janette love the tags in the back pocket and torn wraparound.Best wishes to your granddaughter and Christmas holidays will be here before you know it
Carol x

Chris said...

A really gorgeous tag Janette, love the design with the little pockets and extra hidden tags.
So glad you have your crafting to distract you for a while, of course you're going to miss your lovely Mia but it's time for her to spread her wings - I hope she has the most wonderful time at Uni and it won't be long before she's back home raiding Grandma's pantry and telling you all about her exciting new experiences.
hugs
xxx

Lee said...

Awww Janette,it's hard isn't it when they go out and taste the big wide world.She will be fine and not long before the Holidays are here.This is not Just A Tag young lady,you are a very talented lady.I love it all so creative in every way.Sending Big Huggles hun.xxx

Sue said...

Hi Janette fabulous tag! and it's hard when they get their wings brings back memories of my two off to uni...hugs Sue x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous tag Janette.
Aww you must feel lost without Mia but I hope she is enjoying uni xxx

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Janette this is so lovely. Love Black and white love the embossing. Mia is so lucky to have a Grandma like you and she will be home soon with lots to tell you. Take care

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous tag Janette, love the wrap round revealing the 'hello' and those lovely tags and pocket on the back.
It's hard to wave goodbye when they go off to Uni, but no doubt there'll be lots of phone calls and Christmas will be here before you know it.
Avril xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A wonderful tag I hope you are well take care
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely tag, love all the layers,
I know you will miss her but she will be home soon, I hope she enjoys uni, no doubt she will be working hard to get what ever qualifications she needs

Thanks for the comment on my blog, the pictures are of Somerset not Devon

chrissy xx said...

Lots going on with this FABulous tag Janette.
LOving your colours and design.
Yes we have lots of sad tears when they go to Uni. You will find there will be lots of happy tears when she comes home too.
Chrissyxx

Brenda said...

All the best to Mia! They way time is flying, she'll be home for the holidays soon! Love your tag, especially the off center hanger. Such fun!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A sad time for anyone who has someone leaving home Janette, but, it's lovely for them to fly. And as Brenda said, time flies so quickly, she'll be home before you know it.
As far as your tag/tags, what a wonderful creation, with great words to encourage. I love the B&W also, a Super design.
Keep your pecker up.
Faith x

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....