Pages

Pages

Saturday 9 April 2022

Another bookworm, how excited are you to hear that then.!!!!!!


 

Hello lovely people, are you all enjoying this sunny day, freezing cold here but oh that sunshine is a lifesaver.

**************************

Right, this is one of the images on the sheet you get when you buy from Last minute manda, BTW, from what I have seen they are all like that, around 10 images to a sheet which is pretty good value if you ask me and the kids love them.


This one I coloured with pencils mostly, layered onto black cardstock, wire hanger with a lovely Butterfly button, I bought a lot of those years ago when we all went button crazy, thought it would be a nice touch, and of course his glasses have the TH glossy accents on them. 

Mia has just left with this one for her book case and the other two her Mum wants for class, saves me looking for a good home doesn't it.

Now, does anyone remember me wittering on about macrame again, haha, well, what with one thing and the other I have only managed a couple of things just to warm up again, then it had to stop as my health troubles didn't allow it, but I thought I could just add, nothing really amazing, just the old leaf thing and this very strange hoop, no idea what that about but its a start, onwards and upwards I say.



The white one is the newest, the others are old time, but still. Say what you think won't you.

Right off I go, almost tea time, one of my sons is making a nice steak in cream sauce with mushrooms and mashed potatoes, maybe this bad back is paying off...haha...nooooo it is not.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and take care.



16 comments:

Caz said...

Lovely Janette.. another with bad back.. hope yours gets better soon..Caz xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute bookworm hanger and the butterfly button-definite praise when grandaughter claims it lol,wow beautiful macrame work and hope your back feels better soon
Carol x

Chris said...

I'm not surprised these cute little bookworm makes have been snapped up Janette! The little hanger is as sweet as the bookmarks, will look great on Mia's bookshelf and remind her of her lovely Nanna whenever she looks at it!
( Not that I'm suggesting that you're green with big goggly eyes!!)
The Macrame looks awesome- must take ages to do- I really like the leaf one, it looks so touchable. Hope your dinner was as delicious as it sounds, how lovely your son cooked it for you.
xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

They look fantastic and colourful take care look after yourself. keep warm
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette all your makes are gorgeous. I used to do macramé back in the day. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well considering you're not too well, what wonderful things you have made to share with us, love the hanger book worm, great idea and the macramé is beautiful, the "strange hoop" is actually lovely so is your leaf.
Hoping you get well soon, although with your son cooking, let it last a while to REALLY get better. hahaha
Faith x

Chrissy said...

Lovely little book worm and fabulous colouring Janette, love his wire hanger bit and butterfly friend..your macrame makes are beautiful, so soft and fluffy looking, just hanging on a wall would be so pretty..you could add little butterflies down the center if you wanted on the long one, how pretty..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

Cute hanger, very clever. xx

The Crowned Goat said...

I love both of these so much, Janette! Your book worm project is crazy cool and your macrame reminds me I need to get on the stick learning how to finally embroider! Love that you're revisiting something you loved so much. Hope your back is on the mend soon. Gosh, it is so painful to have a bad back so I'm definitely thinking of you and happy you have loved ones to take care of you! Big hugs and feel better soon, CoCo

Brenda said...

So cute! I love these little guys and to make him a hanger was a brilliant idea. The macrame is definitely a flash from the past for me. It's so fun tho and when you get into a rhythm, it can be so relaxing. Both your creations are lovely. I would just love to touch them.

creationsnz said...

Macrame, been there, done that. Sounds like your son is a bit of a whizz at cooking, my mouth is watering already. CarolG

chrissy xx said...

He is a sweetie Janette. I love how 'black' always make thing pop! Think each one you make will get snapped up lol...Just GOrgeous.
Wow! Love your macrame. Just stunning!!!
Chrissyxx

Lisa said...

Super adorable image and great coloring. I love the macrame too.

Lee said...

Love the cute book worm so clever.I adore the Macrame.Such talent.Take care and look after yer back.xx

pinky said...

That is super cute and perfect for an avid reader or homework time! Wow I do love your macramé Janette. They are absolutely beautiful. That big one is so feather like. You are such a talented lady!!!

Chris said...

Thanks for your good wishes Janette- and yes, of course I was a child bride- barely out of the cradle!! :)))

Featured post

Ask me who finally got in the craft room.......

  Afternoon everyone, what a beautiful day its been and because the sun was shining it warmed my room up so I had a play. First up is this c...