Pages

Pages

Monday 24 April 2023

Hello...

 


Morning all, did you have a good weekend....hope so, mine was quiet-ish and as always I miss Mia popping in when she's home but the weather made up for it and I had a good read. Speaking of reading that's why I am here. I made these from a Gel print I did recently with some lovely shiny paint and stencils and some splashes too.


They are backed on black card and the small one is in a self laminator pouch, the leather cord should last awhile I think. Mia will defo grab one. On the back I wrote a verse I saw while bobbing around somewhere or other, I thought it was lovely.

I have lived a thousand lives

and I have loved a thousand loves

I've walked on distant worlds

and seen the end of time.

Because I read.

by George R.R. Martin.

Isn't that lovely, well I think so and anyone that reads as much as I have and Mia does its perfect.

Thats it today, the sun is out to play again and after I have done my few jobs I shall be joining it, its been to long a winter.



13 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Three wonderful tags love the designs. Hope you are well my lovely.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sue said...

Fabulous tags Janette hugs Sue x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful bookmarks Janette,I love the feathers and great verse.I go to bed and read every night,nearby charity shop is a good cheap supply then I take them back when read lol.I have a beautiful bookmark someone sent me and Matthew bought me a handmade sewn one with all little images of Dragonflies,Bees and Ladybirds sewn on
Carol x

chrissy xx said...

Just GORgeous! LOve your colours and design Janette.
Given to someone special, always keeps you in in their mind. I've one my Granddaughter made me many years ago and it always makes me smile.
Chrissyxx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous tags Janette, love the natural look and great stenciling and splatters and the black just pops..enjoy your sunshine, Winter is cruising in here and a fast pace, not that I mind..I love the colder weather.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Curly said...

OMWord these bookmarks are amazing my Great niece would love these! I love how much it looks like cork.
Have a lovely week
Hugs Bridget :) xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful bookmarks and that verse is perfect (and so true)!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Those words are just perfect and so true Janette. Mia will have loved it, I'm sure. Beautiful work.
Faith x

aussie aNNie said...

Oh wow.. this is amazing! Love the wonderful colours! Gorgeous design ♥

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful feather detail, I am sure she will grab them
Hope you are keeping well

pinky said...

They are absolutely gorgeous Janette, so professional looking. Wow doesn't that quote say it all. Where would we be without a good book!!

Mrs.B said...

Those bookmarks look stunning, they look like cork.
That's a lovely verse and so true - I always feel a little sad when I finish a book -leaving those characters behind, but always eager to start another. Can't sleep without reading first.
Avril xx

creationsnz said...

Great tags, such great texture and depth - well done you. CarolG

Featured post

Happy Sunday.

  Good morning. Well, the sun is shining and I am up and ready for anything...hahaha...well almost. I had a play yesterday and ended up with...