Pages

Pages

Wednesday 27 September 2023

Mop up piece


 

Had this piece of mop-up paper hanging around and thought I would make into one of these , I have seen a few around but can't think where...sorry...usually they are tall slim cards I think but this isn't..hahaha


I did do abit of stencilling on top of the inky mess and used some script stamps too, the stamped up some more plain card and cut circles on the big shot, stitch stamp round  the edges and a little hello stamp, bobs your uncle. I mean its no work of art but it use up some stuff hanging around. In my defence I made this mostly while I was chatting on the phone to my friend Sue, we ended up laughing so much its no wonder that the odd thing is abit 'off' :))


Thats it for today, I am quite busy at the moment so am finding it hard to grab some time in my play area.  Today its birthday cake baking day, tomorrow is my daughters partner, and the day after is my grandson Lucas, he will be 18....but next month we have a whole bunch of birthdays and my other grandson Kaleb will also be 18...its weird how the years have flown. I had to smile to myself the other day, Kaleb came to show me the car he has bought himself, so proud, he is at college but works so hard to save for this, Lucas is just the same, it does my heart good to see them making there way. Mia on the other hand doesn't want a car yet, she is still at Uni and says when she finally finishes her studies and gets into a job she is buying a Jeep...lol....This is what life is about don't you think...



Thankyou for your visit, I will pop to see you soon. 






12 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

It was nice chatting but cant say i was productive. As for the boys wow so grown up and so much like their Dads oh you have your own chauffer now. Toby is taking lessons but Jake like Mia not intetested. Hope they all have wonderful days.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love all the stamping and colour mix, a fabulous card Janette. Lots of lovely celebrations coming up for the family. Isn't it good to see the next generation, being sensible and working hard? Thankfully we have the same.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love the fabulous mop-up background and all the circles with images-wow all those birthdays -lots of cakes to make too.
Carol x

Chris said...

It looks fabulous Janette, I do love an inky, stamping, stencilling play!
Lovely to read about your hard working sensible grandchildren, you must be so proud of those boys knowing what they want and working hard for it. Being able to drive and owning a car gives them so much independence. My granddaughter is desperate to start driving, she's only 16 and has a little weekend job that fits in with her studies (and social life!) and is already saving up for lessons, bless her. So good to watch them grow up and thrive.
xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

this is a fabulous card wonderful work .
Lovely family photo it is amazing how the years fly by.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sue said...

Love all the stamping and the colours Janette! Your Grandson must be over the moon with his car..I can remember mine it was a mini LOL hugs Sue x

Lisa said...

Love this collage card. Your grandson sounds like he is working hard at university and buying his first car.

Curly said...

wow wow wow Janette this is another stunning its so full of nature and it has that end of summer and beginning of Autumn feel to it.

Happy Birthday to your grandson and i hope he makes so good memories in his new car.

Have a lovely day
Hugs Bridget :) xx

pinky said...

That would make my day, chatting and crafting with a lovely friend Janette. I love what you have created, its a gorgeous bit of stamping! How cool to get your first car at 18. Your Grandsons sound like very special boys!!

Mrs.B said...

Looks like you had good crafty fun whilst chatting on the phone, love all that gorgeous inkiness.
Lovely photo of your Grandsons, and it good that they work and save for what they want. Sounds like you will be eating a lot of birthday cake, enjoy!
Avril xx

creationsnz said...

Your Grandkids all sound like they have their heads screwed on right! I love your inky mop-up - very classy. CarolG

Brenda said...

What an amazing mop up make. I love the mixed media and clean grungy (if thatʻs a thing) look. So nice you have your family so close. Cheers to all your celebrations! (and yes, I agree, the time goes way to fast)❤️.

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....