Pages

Pages

Friday 20 October 2023

Morning...


 

Morning lovely people, I hope wherever you are in the UK right now your safe from this awful crazy storm. I just read many people have been evacuated overnight from there homes, its rough out there, stay safe.

***********************

I have a couple of things today, after a week in turmoil over one thing and another, I had to just get into do some crafting, this is what I came up with.


I stencilled a sunflower, which doesn't look very sunny here I admit.......

I just fancied black and white, added some cotton tie and deckle edges and more or less done, apart from the inside.


Did my usual full on stencil in the centre.

Not put any sentiment on it yet, just because...

Next up was this tag, I had been playing with some stamping and I cut it into a double sided shape, added some gold ink, which really shines, a few splashes some gold thread and stuck a tenner in as I could not be bothered to go look for more cash, it was simply to show the pocket.


The little sentiment is from a set I have in a drawer, no idea where I got.



This is the back with another little tag to write on.
***************************************************

Thats about it, I think. I have to get searching for a new washer, mine has finally given up the ghost, I actually had to pay £106 to be told that...although in all fairness to Bosch they give you £50 back off a new one, but honestly, ontop of everything else I could have really done without the expense, I need a roofer and an electrician and its all getting me down, but thats life I suppose.

Ok, after that depressing little rant I shall go and see what I can find today and how soon I can get it fitted.
Stay safe and enjoy the weekend. xx



13 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Love these you are amazing fantastic set Janette.
Have a lovely weekend take care in the awful weather. Although today we have sunshine at the moment
Hugs Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chris said...

I love that gorgeous stencilled card Janette, so elegant in black and white, the sunflower on the inside fold is a lovely touch. Fantastic tag too (with or without the tenner!)
Why is it that everything always happens at once- hope you find a good replacement for your washing machine.
Wet here today but nothing like further north- we even had a brief spell of sunshine, stay safe and dry and don't let things get on top of you. xxx

chrissy xx said...

Just GORgeous! Black and White are so striking Janette. Such a pretty stencil too. LOving your little tag! Good for you sending monies. I'm sure the powers that be are trying to stop us using it! I for try to use money for most things and must admit I don't do online banking.
Chrissyxx
Yes! Rain and winds here too. We have a flood alert until 6.00 am tomorrow. Hope you managed to get sorted soon x

Chrissy said...

What a beautiful black and white sunflower and love the surprise of the whole image inside, I love your tag back and front with the stamping and thread and pocket, fabulous. I'm so sorry you are having issues, I'm so lucky that most of my issues my Grandsons do it, they are tradies, if we lived closer I could throw them over the fence to help you..stay safe, been reading about the storm..

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful monochrome card and love how you stencilled the inside too.Love the Butterfly tag and little pocket.Well hopefully that's your three things,my washer went earlier in the year,bought one from Argos leaked all over after one wash,replaced it and that lasted three washes then turned it's self off mid cycle and full of washing and water-do you want another replacement-no thank you just a refund and went elswhere -fingers crossed no problems-these things are sent to try us unfortunately!!!
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful post today, love the fabulous colours here and that design is awesome ♥

Lisa said...

Great stencil and I love that you added it to the inside of the card too. Cute tag too.

Sue said...

Gorgeous Janette love all of them..I'm behaving myself and taking it easy so thought I would sit and do some commenting. Isn't just the case when one thing goes other's follow? Hope you get it all sorted Janette take care and lots of hugs x

Curly said...

This is so classy Janette, you cant beat monochromatic, I just love the gift tag idea, its so beautiful.
wishing you a wonderful week,
crafty hugs,
Bridget :) xx

pinky said...

Oh no Janette, I know that feeling well. Hope you get sorted for all those things. As you know my roofing is still ongoing with the promise of finishing every week now for two and a half months!! Your card is absolutely beautiful and I will have to share in the group for sure. The tag is an absolutely work of art, back and front and cool to have a little pocket for the money gift!!

Brenda said...

Love the black and white, very artsy IMO. Also very inspiring... The tag is just my style, love that you used that gorgeous stamp again. So sorry to hear about your washer, I just hate spending money on stuff that makes me work. I am grateful tho that we have the luxury of having them. We have been having a bit of the 20 year reboot around our house, windows going wonky, ceiling fans stopping (tho itʻs about 30 years), breakers needing to be replaced. Again, I guess Iʻm just grateful we have a house, even an aging one.

Mrs.B said...

Your stencilled card looks stunning and that's a gorgeous tag and looks lovely double sided.
Avril xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Playing catchup Janette, sorry! I love the sunflower card, with the sunflower in the centre too. The gift tag is just wonderful, what a great idea.
Faith x

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....