Pages

Pages

Wednesday 13 December 2023

Happy Wednesday which I thought was Thursday....


 

Morning lovely ones, I do hope your all well, so many bugs around . 

I needed a couple of cards to put some money in, only realised yesterday, so went and made these two, for my eldest grandsons, Lucas and Kaleb so nothing fussy, being 18 now you can imagine !!! I don't even know how they will cope with the bells, but there they are all jingling away, hahaha.

I wanted to make these with Kraft card, it was all designed in my head, guess who didn't have  one single sheet left....so, I found a big envelope and cut that up, glued onto white card and stencilled some stars randomly, cut some sentiments out, string, and the bells, lets not forget the bells :)) and then a good old splash of white ink. Inside just a couple of trees and more splashes. They won't really care, but I had such a nice design I wanted to do, aww well, some things just aren't to be.

That's all cardmaking wise. I know lots of us have had some lovely frosty days of late, the other morning I looked out into my back garden and there it was, all alone, a single red rose, I couldn't believe my eyes, so I went out and cut it, the poor little thing was freezing, I put it in a tiny vase and hoped it would survive, it did, here it is two days later next to a photo of my Mam and Dad, well it was her rose bush after all, but how lovely is that. Sweet thing...


Thankyou for your visit and any comments, see you all soon.



13 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Two fabulous cards or your grandsons. A wonderful photo of your Mum and Dad
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chris said...

I think the cards are gorgeous Janette, very stylish! The stencilled splattered background is fabulous, love the bells and the twine, your grandsons will be very happy with them (and the money:))
The rose is gorgeous, such a beautiful colour. We planted a beautiful rose bush in memory of my Mum, the roses are golden yellow, it has six roses in full bloom on it and several buds...it flowered all summer, had a short rest and has had flowers on it since October!
Thanks for your beautiful card that arrived this morning.
xx

chrissy xx said...

Perfect money holders Janette. GORgeous designs and I LOve the dies you've used.
Such a pretty rose! Would be a shame to leave it outdoors.
Chrissyxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are just perfect for the boys Janette, I guess they will play with those bells, and they will be the best cards they receive, they are not too old for a chuckle whilst ringing them. They are a wonderful design. How lovely you cut the rose, and it has lasted side by side with your Mum & Dad.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Well me and Helen thought it was Tuesday lol!How lovely to find the rose this time of year.Beautiful monochrome cards love the bells and spalatters.Just transfer to our banks please was the request from our Grandaughters sadly.
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Aww, Wednesday, Thursday, all my days run into each other Janette, just don't tell me it is Saturday, or I'll stress, that is our first Christmas party that I'm catering for..and I love what you made for the boys, as long aa the money is inside they will love it, and the rose by your Mum and Dad is so lovely..I have my Mums Christmas lily doing its thing and I begged it not to flower until now, and it didn't, until now, so ready for the picking for the table on Saturday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Aunty Sue said...

The boys will love them and will appreciate the money
Lovely Rose still looking for a bush my mum had very old one in yellow
Thanks for my lovely card much appreciated and looks lovely on my mantlepiece
Take care nadty bugs doing the rounds as still blowing my nose.

Sue said...

Awww the cards are gorgeous Janette and that rose is perfect next to the photo hugs Sue x

Lisa said...

I love the bells you added to your cards. I use to add bells and other fun items to mine but found postage was getting too high to mail them so now I try to keep my cards flat for mailing. I sure miss being able to add larger embellishments.

Nice of that rose to perk back up too.

pinky said...

The boys will love them Janette. They are perfectly festive but also very suitable for boys. Wow how amazing does that rose look. A message from heaven for sure Janette. That is a lovely photo of your parents too.

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful design and gorgeous image most stunning creative card x

Brenda said...

Great cards, perfect for your young men. What a lovely, special surprise your rose must have been. It looks absolutely beautiful and at home next to your parents.

pinky said...

I want to come make cookies with you and Mia!! Storm still blowing away here but dry thankfully Janette. Be sure and enjoy your Christmas! It will be no time at all till the light nights are back lol.

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....