Pages

Pages

Sunday 24 March 2024

Ask me who finally got in the craft room.......

 


Afternoon everyone, what a beautiful day its been and because the sun was shining it warmed my room up so I had a play.

First up is this canvas, have a few of these stashed away, so bought some Stamperia rice paper and made this.


Just mod podged onto the canvas, tore up the paper slightly, did abit of stamping and done.

side on


Next up two cards that should match but obviously don't, well its the size but thats ok, I thought they would make nice note cards really.


The paper has been in the drawer awhile and I really can't think where I bought it. I tore it into two strips, edged in gold gilding wax, added some clocks, metal cogs and metal thingy-bobs to place a word or two, who knows.


Love the gilding wax its gorgeous, abit expensive but I have had this ages and it really goes on and on, I have used it on so many things, its amazing stuff.

Craft wise thats it for today, sorry its been so long, fingers crossed I will be back on the ball soon.

**************************

Carla is much, much better, she is back to normal. Has had to make lots of changes for her health, although stress was a major factor, I think she has things under control. She has us all so very worried, but thank heavens she is doing great. Bless you all for remembering her in messages, it has meant so much.

See you very soon with another crafty thing I am up to. 



13 comments:

Chrissy said...

So nice to see you back up and doing stuff Janette and I love your canvas, so pretty, and your grungy cards are fabulous..so glad to hear Carla doing so well..my girl has been so ill too and still not sure what is going on, they are a constant worry aren't they..

luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the canvas, AH! To dream! Then your gold "Steampunk" maybe? WOWZER, Janette, all so creative and fabulous. So good to hear Carla is better, good to hear that you have had a playtime too. Take care. x

Aunty Sue said...

Oh wow are fabulous love the blue one. Did you remember where you put your stuff i feel like my pens where strangers this last month

Chris said...

How lovely for you to be able to get back in your craft room, such a stress relief and total joy to be able to forget your worries and just create! your canvas and cards are gorgeous Janette, so beautifully done, you're so naturally creative. So pleased that Carla is doing so well. Look after her and yourself too.
hugs xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutley stunning creations love them both.
Happy crafting my dear friend.
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

chrissy xx said...

So glad your mojo is peeking through Janette.
A FABulous canvas and I LOve your colours and design.
Long time since I heard the word 'gilding wax'! Sometimes a change is all we need. They are both looking GORgeous. LOve the colours and details.
Chrissyxx

creationsnz said...

Hi Janette. Your panel is wonderful and so are your cards. The gold makes them look so elegant along with all your little details. So glad you got back in your craft room, and that your daughter is feeling better. WHew, you must be feeling so relieved, what a worry. CarolG

crafty-stamper said...

Great to see you back crafting Janette and so glad to hear your Daughter is back to normal must be a weight off your mind although you never stop worrying about them.Fabulous canvas and love the papers you used.Brilliant cards and papers love the torn edges and gilding wax,sure I have a pot of that somewhere -probably dreied up now,but will see tomorrow as getting rid of my craft desk so probably finds long forgotten stuff.
Carol x

Sue said...

Wow you have been busy Janette and such a gorgeous canvas and cards too!! So glad to hear that Carla is doing well take care and lots of hugs Sue x

Lisa said...


It sounds like you've had a wonderfully creative day! Your canvas project with Stamperia rice paper looks fantastic, and the torn edges and stamping add such a nice touch. Your note cards have a charming vintage vibe with the clocks and metal embellishments, and the gilding wax adds a lovely finish. I'm glad to hear Carla is feeling better.

Margarets designer cards said...

That is a lovely canvas, and two great cards, you matter how hard you try it never works they are always different in same way, which is good, and they are lovely.

So glad Carla is getting ack to normal,

Wishing you a happy Easter,

Brenda said...

I'm so glad to hear Carla is doing so well! I'm sure that, like the sun, makes things brighter and adds to your creativity flow and flowing it does seem to be. The canvas is absolutely gorgeous, so uplifting and just beautiful to look at. And the cards are beautiful, that wonderful gilded grunge that I love so much. So glad you are back my sweet friend!

pinky said...

Firstly I am so glad to read that Carla has improved greatly!! That is bound to be a relief for you all. Wow that canvas is stunning Janette. You are so talented!! The cards came up beautifully and agree about the wax, great stuff!! Mine is years old and still works perfectly.

Featured post

Chrissy finally got her birthday gift, almost a month late.......

  What a to-do this one has been. I made a birthday gift for my friend Chrissy in NZ . Packed it up got it collected on the 18th March, thi...