Pages

Pages

Sunday 31 March 2024

Happy Easter.


 

Hope you are all enjoying the Easter break and not over indulging in the chocolate eggs that come with this time :))

OK, so been playing around the last few days, ducking and diving when the sun shines, its been great for a change. 

I had some lovely papers i bought from the Papermill heaven knows how long since and found them when I was digging stuff out, as you do. So I have made a couple of note books, First up is this one, long story short, this was supposed to be the insert for the hardback I made, but I kind of liked as is, so stencilled it with some paste and added a band and done.


The cover is from a paper pad I bought from the Range last year I think, its fabulous paper so obviously when I realised what an idiot I was, no way was I wanting to cover it, so the hardback will just have to sit and wait abit longer, but here it is anyway.

Hard cover drying out, still it will come in handy for something, one day hahaha.
Next up was going to be a card but the book bug had me so here it is.

Its that Stamperia rice paper again, this was left over, I just mod podged it on, painted out the edges, did some paste stencilling again, I love this stencil, added a TH sentiment badge then layered onto navy card, but then decided to go with another note book.

Went all old school and sewed it all together, I really enjoyed myself, used some wax cord so its pretty tough.

There you go, this paper is just gorgeous, maybe to nice to write on...!!!!!

Thats all, sorry for the long post I do waffle on abit.
Thanks so much for any comments you leave, I always pay back the favour..


12 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Easter Janette, hope you're enjoying a lovely family day.
Your notebooks are both gorgeous, love the stencils you have used and the beautiful ricepaper. The hand stitching brought back memories of a workshop I did in a local primary school when I was a Children's Librarian. The books had really simple stitching to bind them together...but the kids couldn't thread the needles (big blunt needles!) the teacher and TAs disappeared somewhere leaving me with 30 kids to deal with...it was World Book Day, they were all dressed up...and hyper! I survived (somehow!)and all the books got finished :)
xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous notebooks,love the patterned paper and stencilling,absolutely beautiful poppy rice paper,can't wait to see the hardback one finished.Enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend-I don't over indulge in choc over Easter-I do that all year round lol.
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Janette, I love that gorgeous blue poppy and the paste stenciling. and I just sewed a book this weekend, great minds huh,love both books and your hard cover and hope you are having a wonderful Easter.

Luv CHRISSYxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning note books, I love your work it is always very detailed and beautiful
Hugs Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

chrissy xx said...

Happy Easter to you Janette.
Wow! What a FABulous notebook. Something I've never attempted!
Was so sorry when the Papermill closed their shops. Yes! they do have some lovely papers.
Chrissyxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You really are so very creative Janette, I love the stunning book covers, even the books, if it comes to that, so very clever of you. Hope you had a good Easter. x

aussie aNNie said...

This is beautiful design and stunning overall with great coloring of the image. ♥
Sorry for MIA, had a house full over a week xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful work, Janette! I'm so glad you didn't cover the first one, it is gorgeous. I think that is my favorite stencil too. And the poppy...it is a gorgeous notebook. Love, love, love them both.

Lisa said...

It sounds like you've been having a wonderfully creative time, especially with the lovely weather! Your note books turned out beautifully, and I love the intricate details you added with the stenciling and paste. The Stamperia rice paper adds such a charming vintage touch to the second notebook. Keep up the fantastic work, and thank you for sharing your creative process with us!

pinky said...

You can waffle away Janette, we all love your waffles!! These books are absolutely gorgeous, they look so expensive too! Such great ideas, you have inspired me for sure! Hope you had a lovely Easter. I have ate one small bar of chocolate and not another bite but I did have some lovely apple crumble lol.

creationsnz said...

Hi Janette
Wow you have been busy. I love all that you have made! CarolG

Chrissy said...

I'm so sorry that I have not been by Janette, I didn't see you posts pop up, and I say posts as I've missed several..
I love your notebook, I've been doing that too lately,and same thing has happened, too pretty to cover, love the paste through a stencil, looks fabulous, and the blue poppy and texture is gorgeous, beautiful notebook and great sewing, I did my first sewing of papers couple weeks ago and I'm hooked..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....