Pages

Pages

Friday 17 April 2020

Boredom set in....

{If your looking for my CraftyCatz post its the one below this.}

Good afternoon, how glorious is this day I so hope wherever you are its just as nice, but even with the sunshine I got a bit bored, then my lovely postman came and left these stamps I ordered from Craftstash last week, it was a bogof deal,  so thought I should have a play around. Made two little notecards.
The set is quite good as it has the wording, which I used today and also a lovely big flowery image with  the same word inset. The cards are Dovecraft, ribbon from stash and the DP, which is a card on its own is Back to Basics which I got from eBay, I did alittle bit of stamping on the envelopes just for the fun of it really, although I almost always decorate them.
Now onto another little treat I bought last week, for ever I have wanted a free style sewing foot for my machine, don't ask me why I never got one it beats the heck out of me, anyway, got one, made a little cushion with the panel I tried it out on, I can see lots of sewing shortly its wonderful, so now I have ordered a walking foot, years I have struggled....why..!!!! lifes to short, so get cracking....haha
 Right I shall get out of your hair, I hope you have a lovely weekend...


12 comments:

Chris said...

Wowzer! Two posts in one day Janette, thought I was seeing things :))
Your monochromatic cards are gorgeous, such lovely new stamps! Have fun with your sewing machine thingy! My poor old machine is much neglected these days and I definitely don't have any of those 'fancy feet' things! Wouldn't know what to do with them if it did! I taught myself to sew when my daughter was small and made most of her clothes.. hardly use it now though. Maybe if the lockdown continues too long I'll be desperate enough to unearth it again. Hope the weather stays good for you this weekend.
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Janette your cards are gorgeous I love them both. Enjoy your sewing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful monochrome notecards and love the size of the sentiments-love the little cushion too
Carol x

Margarets designer cards said...

Two gorgeous cards,
I know the feeling I am getting used to staying home but there's only so much you can do without getting fed up
Hope you are OK stay safe and well

Chrissy said...

Fabulous cards Janette, love the black and white and your cushion looks lovely..

Luv CHRISSYxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Love your new stamps and the cushion looks awesome well done.sorry did visit earlier busy day yesterday♥ Stay safe Ginny ♥
My Blog As I do Rodos

pinky said...

Wow double the treat today Janette. I am loving your stamp buys. The cards are just so stylish and beautiful. I adore your cushion. I have a great sewing maching and used to do machine embroidery many moons ago but never tried this! Love it.

Lisa Andersson said...

Beautiful notecards, Janette. the stamps are lovely and love the beautiful cushion too. Enjoy your sewing.
Stay safe
Lisa xx

Mrs.B said...

The notecards are lovely and I love your quilted cushion. You're right to buy the sewing feet, we all need to do what gives us pleasure in life, so enjoy. Look forward to see the 'walking' foot projects.
Have a great week, Avril xx

Brenda said...

Everything is beautiful! You definitely want a walking foot, they are amazing, especially when you are trying to sew silky type fabric. I absolutely love your free arm sewing, never tried it, not sure I could manage it. I've ordered a soldering iron and a few other stained glass necessities. Haven't done SG for 30 years or so but my MIL used to do it and we have literally crates of stained glass. What better time to give it a go again? Take good care my dear! Thanks for your visits.

Pop's Cards said...

These are simple but stunning all the same, hugs Pops x

creationsnz said...

It looks like you have been busy with your new foot. Yes, walking foot is worth having if you quilt. I use mine for putting on binding (oh amazing for this!) and straight line quilting. CarolG. ps Check out my facebook page for what I'm up to quilt-wise.

Featured post

Christmas card....oh noooo....

  Quick card, I bought lots of serviettes recently, can't resist a pretty image. This card is made using one of them, hence, Christmas.....