Pages

Pages

Tuesday 13 June 2023

Journal page and a card.

 


Been seeing so many lovely inspirational pieces around, you know the ones you just want to 'do', right up my street, so here is my journal, I had previously added some dp I had played around with and stencilled some cogs on, then I saw what I saw and got the distress ink out and had a play around on some white cardstock.{ I do soon get distracted....}


Then searched for my TH stampers anon; set of stamps which I don't use half  as much as I should, and got stamping and splashing, one thing I really don't like, I think I got abit heavy with the darker ink so for me it was spoiled, anyway I still had the other half of the card so thought it would make a nice card.

So decided to splash some white ink this time and see if it helped abit, I think it did, and btw the other dragonfly/butterfly, never sure, was stamped onto vellum, it was already coloured so matched up well.



The sentiment stamp is a set from creative stamps.


There we go, a very long story which could've been shorter but still, haha.

Onto the weather, well its still sizzling, but how many got that awful storm last night, I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it in real life, it was so bad and this morning its actually power washed the paint off one of my planters, I kid you not, like a mini hurricane...I also had a touch of heat stroke last night and felt so ill so today I am inside, doors open and fan on, not worth my health especially when you have lung problems.

That's all for now ladies, I hope you are all well and enjoying the days so far, take care though...





10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page and card -I actually like the darker one too,loving all the fabulous stamps and beautiful butterflies---yes they are butterflies Janette lol.We didn't get any rain at all never mind the bad storm and hope you are feeling better now-the heat makes me feel ill too so stay out of it as much as I can-I used to lay out nearly all day :(
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful pages love the monochrome. Take care Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

chrissy xx said...

Just GOrgeous! LOve your de4sign Janette.
This butterfly looks as though it's just decided to land...FABulous in vellum.
Chrissyxx
No thunderstorms here! Saw one on Sunday, but, that's been it.
Take care x

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous piece Janette, I love the colours and the splatters are perfect, not too dark at all, and the butterfly wings popped up are beautiful, love it all..gosh, watch that heat business, were you outside in it, I don't go outside much in the Summer, I hate the heat,I love the Winter, and besides our Winters are nothing like yours, we even had a rather cool Summer??..take care.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Brenda said...

Take good care, Janette. Heat can for sure do a number on you. Both of your spreads are gorgeous! I love the color palette you used and that butterfly is so elegant.

Chris said...

I love them both Janette, beautiful stamping! I have that lovely set of TH stamps and I'm ashamed to say they've hardly been used, I love these arty/grungey stamps but I'm not really very confident with them- other people seen to have such wonderful ideas and the knack of getting the backgrounds just right- you definitely do! Love the use of the vellum and subtle colours on the card, totally gorgeous.
Sorry to hear the heat is affecting your health, it's a shame to have to be indoors when you love outdoors so much but better to be sensible. Keep cool and take care.
xx

pinky said...

Those pages are brilliant Janette. That is a great stamp and you have used it so beautifully. No rain here yet though it is due today and tomorrow and our Nephew is getting married tomorrow so I am hoping it waits till they at least get your photos done. Enjoy your weekend and I promise to be back more regular!!

Curly said...

Wow, wow, wow, beautiful, love the splash of coral against the black, its going to be such an amazing journal.
Have a wonderful day
Hugs Bridget :) xx

creationsnz said...

Lovely lovely lovely! Love these pages. How come we never see your work in challenges? CarolG

Mrs.B said...

I like a bit of splash and splodge and these pages look fabulous to me and the card is lovely. I love this butterfly, but haven't used it for ages, thanks for the prompt.
Avril x

Featured post

Chrissy finally got her birthday gift, almost a month late.......

  What a to-do this one has been. I made a birthday gift for my friend Chrissy in NZ . Packed it up got it collected on the 18th March, thi...