Pages

Pages

Friday 5 July 2024

Happy Friday and I am still up to my neck in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

Good morning lovely people, I hope you all had a good week.

The decorating is coming to an end, we had a few hiccups along the way so it delayed the process, but nearing the end, I will be grateful when its all done...


OK, so I went into my room yesterday not knowing  what I wanted to do, then I grabbed my little journal and did another page similar to one I have done before but different...


Started with some black ink then added some gold and orange because it was abit too dark for my liking, did some stamping added some bubbles and a few squiggly lines, splashed some ink about then got one of my lovely Temu butterflies out, mounted it onto card and fussy cut, then stuck with some silicone dots and the TH came out to play with the word strips, done...tah dah....


Tried to get a view of the wings, they stay lifted because of the foam under each wing.

Thats it for today, or maybe for a few days who knows, my  poor youngest son is doing top coats today, its a nice day so we can have the doors open, he gets so concerned about the effects this all has on my health, bless him.. Its also Carla's birthday today, she is now 45yrs old, omgoodness worse still my eldest son Lee will be 48 next month, I swear the years have just flown.
******************
Thankyou so much for being here and any comments you leave, always appreciated. 
Have a lovely weekend.



10 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

What a stunning page love the gorgeous butterfly.
Have a lovely weekend raining and cold here hoping it will get better tomorrow as the rain is set for the day.
Take care dear friend Hugs Ginny x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page and beautiful butterfly,love the neutral colours and all the stamping-those bubbles look amazing-Happy birthday to Carla and hope your son gets all the painting finished with no mishaps.Swop the numbers round-my eldest son was 54 this year!!!!!
Carol x

Chris said...

What a stunning page Janette- that butterfly is so beautiful and I wish I could make backgrounds like that.
Glad the weather has improved so that you can let the fumes out, hopefully it's very nearly finished now- so chilly here today that hubby sneakily put the heating on when I wasn't looking...it's July!!!!
Take care and have a lovely weekend.
xx

chrissy xx said...

Such FABulous colours Janette.
Your design is simply GORgeous!! So much detail and your bubbles really do 'pop'.
Chrissyxx
Yes! Good weather today so that will help with the paint.

Sue said...

Gorgeous journal page Janette it's beautiful! I know the feeling my Daughter is 41 and I can't believe how the years have flown lol hugs xx

Lisa said...

Your creative process sounds delightful and spontaneous! Starting with black ink and then brightening with gold and orange hues was a great choice to add vibrancy. The addition of bubbles, squiggly lines, and splashed ink gives your journal page a dynamic texture, complemented beautifully by the Temu butterfly mounted with silicone dots for a dimensional effect. Great job capturing the playfulness and artistic flow in your creation!

pinky said...

Oh my word that is absolutely stunning Janette!! I mean amazing!! Oh how lovely to get a refresh! We have been putting all our pennies into freshening up the outside as it was in bad need but then you go in and want the rest done lol. I know what you mean about the mess!! I like my cushions too and am always on the look out for something different! Enjoy your new space!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness Janette, this is stupendous, what beautiful work. I know what you mean about years flying, my only son is 48 next month too. How lucky you are to have your son painting for you, Bless his heart. x

Mrs.B said...

Love this grungy page and that beautiful butterfly just takes it to another level.
Avril xx

Brenda said...

Glad your reno is close to finished. What a wonderful thing for your son to do. Hope we can see pics of the finished room. This is another amazing entry into your book. I love the background and, well, I love butterflies!

Featured post

Need your opinions please...

  Hi there, hope your week has been fine, to all those suffering floods and horrific storms, I hope you and yours are all safe. I just made ...