Pages

Pages

Wednesday 3 July 2024

Welcome July...



 

Good morning and happy July. I always loved the month of July, not so sure now as the worlds weather is so crazy now, but at least we aren't in the path of this awful hurricane, bless those that are.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was sent packing to my little craft room yesterday as my son is decorating my lounge, can someone explain to me why when you do one room the whole house is upside down and these days I do not do well with 'upside down' haha, but hey, who cares I am getting a lovely refresh and can't wait, new blinds, some gorgeous new curtains from Dunelm, cushions to match, (I have a thing about cushions) my kids laugh at me but we all something, haha. I would love a new suit but thats not happening yet...YET...:))

OK, phew, onto why I am here, I made this card from scraps, Pinky is forever doing this and I was determined to do some, so I did and really enjoyed piecing it all up. 


Tried to cut as many strips as possible and then stuck them in random order, made the sentiment into a tag, its from I stencil I have, its actually a clock and this is the centre, then added a faux clip with a TH screw and medal, had to raid my jewellery making stash to fine the long pin, I think it looks ok.


Just a slight stencil of the clock inside.

Thats that one , next up is this


Its just a small gift tag I made for Mia, she hasn't been well with Covid so I sent her some bits she wanted and made this, the cover is from a set of papers that came in the pack below.


I love them, just cut to size and edged with gold paste, also added a touch to the centre of the flowers, needless to say its going in her scrapbook.
Gosh you must be fed up by now, sorry for the long post, thanks so much for getting this far.
OK, off I go again, who knows what today will bring, I am washing everything inbetween  getting out of the fume filled room, my son gets so annoyed with me about this, haha, just keep going Gra, I am fine, hahaha.
Have a lovely day wherever you may be, take care.




10 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous card Janette, love the stripes and grungy, vintagey colours and I love the pretty pink papers, such great little packets of papers and make the most lovely cards and tags, and how lucky getting your room all done, hope there is before and after photos because I am nosey duck.

luv CHRISSYxx

Aunty Sue said...

Oh these are lovely yes i keep looking for washing when the sun shines but we seem to be loosing our nice summers. Maybe it is waiting on school holidays. Hope Mia is ok and you stay out of Grahams way lady

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful and creative first card Janette, love you made it from scraps, such a clever card. A beautiful gift box with beautiful papers, I'm sure Mia will be thrilled with them, they are sure to cheer her up. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Forgot to say, how lovely to get your room decorated and new cushions too. We are contemplating doing the same, but old age is making us think about it longer than it will take to do it hahaha. x

Chris said...

Beautiful creations Janette, love the card with the scraps- perfectly done, I thought it was one piece of paper until I read your post. Love the sentiment tag too. Mia's tag is so pretty, I'm sur it cheered her up, hope she's better soon.
I know what you mean about the disruption- and the fumes are not at all pleasant but how lovely to have your room all freshly decorated - not to mention new curtains and cushions, it will all be worth the upheaval.
xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

I love your card and the other makes are beautiful as well.
I hope you love your room when it is done sounds amazing.
Big hugs Ginny ❤️

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and paper scraps you used look Vintage grunge,great sentiment on the tag too.Absolutly beautiful tag,papers and gift box.Hope Mia feels better soon and very nice of your son to decorate your room and have all fresh new look.
Carol x

chrissy xx said...

Both are GORgeous Janette.
LOve your colours and embellishments on this first one.
Ever so pretty scene and colours on the 'pinks too.
Chrissyxx
Feel for you! I had a new kitchen a couple of years ago thought it would be ready when I came off my hols... Nooooo took another week! Lived upstairs and still remember it lol. x

Sue said...

Gorgeous creations Janette!! fab card and sentiment tag hope Mia is better soon and...I LOVE cushions but could never have them with Ollie and Woody for some reason they didn't approve of them being on the sofa and chairs..BUT thankfully Bertie doesn't bother LOL lots of hugs xxxxxxxxx

Lisa said...

Your approach to using scraps for the card turned out wonderfully! The random arrangement of pieced strips creates a lively and eclectic design, complemented by the sentiment tag cleverly repurposed from a stencil. The addition of the faux clip with a Tim Holtz screw and medal adds a unique, vintage-inspired touch. It's a thoughtful gesture to create a beautiful gift tag for Mia amidst her recovery from Covid, using papers from a set that you clearly enjoy. The gold edges and accents on the flowers give it a special touch for her scrapbook.

Featured post

Happy Friday and I am still up to my neck in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Good morning lovely people, I hope you all had a good week. The decorating is coming to an end, we had a few hiccups along the way so it d...